Front Desk Agent - Highlands - Winter Seasonal
Company: Vail Resorts
Location: Park City
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Becoming part of the Park City team means you're joining one of
the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain
and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living
and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and
friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch
powder of America's largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse
that's as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come
experience all that Park City has to offer.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees
across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and
external) at all times.
- Check in guests at front desk, confirming and entering
appropriate information by asking for an ID card and credit
- Check guests out, and ensure billing is correct.
- Run various computer reports at the beginning and end of the
shift (checklist, D2L, D2S, Guest Folio, etc.)
- Take payments, post charges, enter amounts into computer, and
balance accounts at end of shift.
- Answer a variety of questions from guests, and handle routine
problems (referring more unusual or difficult problems or
complaints to supervisor or other appropriate staff members).
- Relay guest maintenance requests through Maintenance
Connection, and follow up with guest after 20 minutes.
- Relay guest housekeeping requests by calling the Housekeeping
department, and follow up with the guest after 20 minutes.
- Answer the switchboard within 3 rings, and transfer calls to
appropriate department or person.
- Undergo computer training and gain knowledge of how hotel
- Understand and be able to make a walk-in reservation.
- Remain knowledgeable about Owners and Owner Services
- Maintain knowledge of daily activities in and around the hotel,
resort, and Park City area.
- Understand the intranet and Public TC-Fileserver to use for
- Be knowledgeable of the Grand Summit, Silverado, and Sundial
hotel amenities and lay-out.
- Assist in general maintenance and inventory of Front Office
equipment, supplies, and cleanliness of the Front Desk, PBX, and
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, nights, and
graveyard shifts (as necessary).
- Cross-train with other departments and be able to cover shifts
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Front Office Manager,
Assistant Front Office Manager, or Front Desk Supervisor.
- High school education, plus at least one year of relevant
clerical experience - required.
- Basic typing skills with computer data entry experience -
- Basic reading, spelling, and math skills - required.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with many different
types of people - required.
- Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with customers and
other company personnel; good social manners - required.
- Ability to learn a variety of information about the Company's
lodging and recreational facilities, packages and services, as well
as general information about the area -required.
What's in it for you? Benefits include:
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and
discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to
our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave,
passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Billings , Front Desk Agent - Highlands - Winter Seasonal, Sales , Park City, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!