Customer Service Rep
Company: Border States
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and
challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which
means you're empowered to make decisions, find solutions and
receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Billings, MTJJOB SUMMARY
Supports the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service Team in
promoting sales, obtaining orders and providing service to our
customers. Obtains orders, provides customers timely follow-up on
technical inquiries, maintains reports, actively participate in the
marketing and sale of Border States' products and services,
resolves customer billing problems, and provides input on product
evaluations, code descriptions, inventory management, and pricing
- Works closely with Border States' sales and marketing staff to
meet and exceed Branch sales and gross profit objectives.
- Obtains orders and provides proactive customer service sales
and service functions including order entry, expediting, pricing,
returns, coordinate deliveries and follow-up on customer inquiries,
- Provides timely follow-up on customer technical inquiries and
- Maintains Open Order Reports, Billing Block Reports and other
reports deemed necessary on a consistent basis.
- Actively participates in the marketing and sale of Border
States' products and services.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and
exceed customer expectations.
- Provides input to BSE personnel on customer needs or concerns
regarding pricing, inventory, products, competition and
- Coordinates with the Customer Financial Services staff to
resolve customer-billing problems resulting from errors in pricing,
shipping, delivery or other credit areas.
- Provides input to the pricing and purchasing areas on product
evaluations, code descriptions, inventory management, pricing
development, and other related functions.
- Attends sales meetings and training programs, as required.
- May assist with sales meetings and trade shows, as
- May develop quotations and request bid or performance bonds for
customers within company profit objectives and guidelines.
- Minimum of a two-year business/trade degree preferred or the
equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of two years of prior customer service, city desk or
sales experience with strong knowledge of electrical products and
- Technical ability to understand electrical systems with a
minimum of two-years of prior electrical distribution experience
- Ability to read, write and speak in English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft
Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Internet, Email and SAP
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent,
accurate, responsive and engaged.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication,
reading, and customer service skills are preferred
- Ability to effectively plan and organize.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution
industry with over 100 locations in 22 states. Our employee-owners
are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in
demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the
largest independent electrical distributors in the United States
providing products and services to the construction, industrial and
utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package
and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is
a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the
dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management
and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels
of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond
quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their
roles in the success of the company and care about customers'
needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do.
We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has
specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse
needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to
outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you're responsible for living
our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering
innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs
and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive,
and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical
distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?
Equal Opportunity For All
It's not just the law. It's something we've believed in since our
founding. We value the diversity of all of our employee-owners and
will always be an equal opportunity employer.
Drug Free/Smoke Free workplace
Keywords: Border States, Billings , Customer Service Rep, Professions , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!