Company: IRET Properties
Posted on: March 15, 2019
LEASING CONSULTANT (CIMARRON HILLS - OLYMPIC VILLAGE, MT)
(2) Weeks PTO in 1St year
9 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental Benefits - 1St of Month after 60 days
401k match up to 5% - After 6 months
Come join our growing team of Leasing Consultants!
If you want a rewarding career in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with ongoing customer interactions, join our growing company and you will be rewarded for your efforts and commitment to excellence! As the Leasing Consultant you would be responsible for handling all aspects of leasing apartment units in accordance with Company and Fair Housing guidelines.
About IRET: IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in eight states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN to Topeka, KS, our company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one team.
Responsible for the rental of apartment units to ensure maximum occupancy at all times and high renewal rates by performing the following duties personally.
Follows already established procedures. Complies with all internal leasing policies, Fair Housing requirements and all other applicable laws and regulations. Generally given substantial guidance, but expected to be self-directed once trained. Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties and comply with deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responds to walk-in traffic, phone inquiries, and internet inquiries.
* Provides prospective residents with information about the apartment, neighborhood and lease terms.
* Documents inquiries in residential software program.
* Schedules appointments.
* Greets prospects in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
* Completes guest card.
* Shows apartment, presenting the benefits and advantages of the property and neighborhood.
* Closes sale. At least three tactful attempts should be made before accepting a prospects desire to decline.
* If a prospect does not lease, a brochure and application should be provided to them.
* All sales techniques must remain within the Fair Housing guidelines.
* Updates to the phone log and greeting card components of the residential software program must be completed in accordance with IRET policy.
* Screen all prospective residents, including the running of criminal and credit reports.
* Accurately complete leases, addendums and supporting documentation.
* Accepts rent payments, accurately records the payments and prepares for deposit according to IRET policy.
* Send a thank you card within 48 hours of a property tour.
* Call resident within 14 days of a property tour to obtain information regarding why they did not choose IRET; what competing property they selected; and their new lease term.
* Document follow-up information residential software program as directed by IRET policy.
* Minimize customer dissatisfaction while maintaining company policies and procedures.
* Reduce customer dissatisfaction while maintaining Fair Housing Practices.
* Assists with move-ins and move-outs.
* Follows a set routine of practices.
Back up for this position may be provided by other Leasing personnel, or the Community Manager, or other personnel as assigned.
Some evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required.
If expected to carry a mobile phone, eligible for a monthly reimbursement according to company policy.
Encouraged to belong to and/or serve on committees of local apartment associations, realtor groups, service clubs, chamber of commerce or local merchant associations, charitable giving programs, etc. Encouraged to do some service projects and keep in contact with the local fire and police departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, gives full attention to what others are saying without interrupting, take time to understand what is being said, effectively expresses ideas and opinions.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, varies writing style to meet different audiences, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
* Customer Service Orientation - When dealing with internal or external customers - Manages difficult or emotional situations, responds promptly to customer needs or requests, solicits customer feedback to improve service, follow through on requests for service and assistance, meets commitments.
* Teamwork & Collaboration - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone's efforts to succeed, includes when appropriate and works effectively with all other departments to accomplish company goals.
* Respect & Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy, shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, educates others on the value of diversity, promotes a harassment-free environment, embraces differences and utilizes those differences to the company's benefit, builds a diverse workforce.
* Ethics & Integrity - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with honesty, integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values, maintains confidentiality.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, keeps emotions under control, focuses on resolving conflict not blaming, maintains confidentiality, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments. Represents a professional image of IRET in conduct and adherence to dress code requirements.
* Organizational Support - Completes tasks correctly and on time, supports organization's goals and values, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality outcomes.
* Responsibility - Know and adhere to all federal, state, and/or local laws as well as company policies and procedures contained in the manuals, handbooks and training provided by IRET or as otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
* Resourcefulness - Understands how to get results, where to find answers to problems, consults a variety of resources in order to accomplish results, able to multi-task.
* Motivation & Enthusiasm - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, positively contribute to overall work environment.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Initiative - Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, asks for and offers help when needed.
IRET is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: IRET Properties, Billings , Leasing Consultant, Professions , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!