Estimator - Industrial Construction
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Black Eagle
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Reports To: Division Manager
Position Overview: This position is responsible for working
with the Estimating Group to provide complete proposal packages for
client turnover. The individual filling this role will be
responsible for estimating projects the size and scope of up to
$25M, depending on the complexity of the project and the mount of
- Estimate projects the size and scope of up to $25MM, depending
on the complexity of the project and the amount of self-performance
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Read and understand all bid documents. These are to include all
drawings, scope of work, contract documents and project specific
- Draft pre-estimate checklist & opportunity matrix based on
information from the bid documents and pre-bid meeting. Ability to
quickly establish ROM pricing for further evaluation of
- Set up bid review meetings.
- Review Request for Information (RFIs) to address questions
throughout the bid process.
- Perform quantity take-offs and review junior estimator takeoffs
and, if necessary, enter into estimating software.
- Assign labor, equipment, materials and subcontractors to the
- Support Junior Estimator in Work with subcontractors and
vendors for pricing. Expectation of 3 estimates per trade or
- Understand project requirements and assign indirect
- Capacity to break projects down to a granular level to
establish the work breakdown structure that can be directly
transferred to the project reporting/coding structure.
- Generate cashflow table and project risk analysis reports and
associated contingency evaluation.
- Generate all submittals called for in the RFQ.
- Compile all exceptions & clarifications.
- Generate project schedule and resource loading
- Lead bid review meetings and provide information as
- If awarded, compile all bid information and disseminate into
appropriate project folder files. Lead project turn-over meetings,
work with operations throughout the pre-con phase.
- Apply pragmatic analysis of overall project execution process
to ensure estimate reflects the efficient execution of the
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in industrial construction
- Bachelor's degree in construction management / Engineering or
other relevant discipline with 3 years' experience in Industrial
- Scheduling experience with MSP or P6.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
emphasis on Project Schedule and Xcel Tracking
- Direct experience in civil, concrete, structural steel,
equipment setting and mechanical construction
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid or similar estimating
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Job or similar project controls
- Health Insurance- Up to 80% of the Employee portion
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Paid Time Off after waiting period
- 401k after 90 days of employment with a company match up to 4%
(Employees are 100% vested after 90 day waiting period.)
- Employee paid Dental, Vision, Life and Accident
Keywords: Job Juncture, Billings , Estimator - Industrial Construction, Professions , Black Eagle, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!