Estimator - Instrumentation & Electrical
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Black Eagle
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Position: Estimator – Instrumentation & Electrical
Reports To: Division Manager
Position Overview: This position is responsible for providing
full estimating and proposal preparation for all types of
industrial facilities, including both new construction and
maintenance, for projects up to $25M in value. Estimates will cover
all types of contracts that includes Instrument and Electrical work
in energy, mining, power, manufacturing, pulp/paper, agricultural,
pharma, and other industries.
- Coordinate attendance to bid meetings and walk throughs at
various client locations to determine project scope, complexities,
accessibilities, and required content of proposal.
- Review instructions and proposal specifications, the ability to
read and interpret P&ID s, ISO s, Electrical and
Instrumentation drawings, as well as all other technical data
necessary to provide a complete proposal for the customer.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders,
subcontracts, previous proposals, job reports, etc. into unit and
man hour figures for cost and production-based estimates.
- Prepare full-scope estimates on small, medium, and large-scale
projects, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide a project/estimate turnover and technical support for
projects as needed to ensure effective project
- Coordinate with Supervision to implement Change Orders for
assigned projects and provide additional estimates if
- Ensure all documentation is maintained to support estimate
- Work with Project Managers, Superintendents, and other
management staff, as needed, in the preparation and final
evaluation of bids.
- Secure best possible material and subcontracting costs by
evaluating multiple quotes and proposals.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required or assigned by
- Tracking of RFP submissions from receipt to submission to
- Tracking of win/loss rate (evaluated by both number of
estimates and dollar value of estimates)
- Development of historical cost and production database,
activity code book, and standardized cost codes
- Delegate/assist project managers with various estimates and RFP
- Constantly evaluate the proposal and RFP response process to
look for efficiencies and improvements that can be
- Provide accurate cost estimates in ensuring successful
completion of construction projects.
- As needed with revenue growth, build a team to support the
- 5+ years heavy industrial/process facility experience in cost
estimating and cost control in the Instrument and Electrical
- Strong knowledge of estimating techniques, engineering
disciplines, and cost control techniques.
- Ability to estimate all types and sizes of projects.
- Ability to prepare complex proposals with minimal
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and good
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Job or similar job costing
- Experience with P6 or similar scheduling software.
- Experience with Viewpoint or similar account software.
- Experience with Heavy Bid or similar estimating
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work on estimates for multiple projects at one
- Must be able to manage occasional heavy workloads and quick
turnaround times on estimates.
- Periodic travel to job sites may be required.
- Completion of OSHA or equivalent safety training.
- Driver s license with a clean driving record.
- Potential exposure to extreme cold and hot
- Exposure to manufacturing, pipeline, and refining
- Limited working surfaces
- Exposure to noise above 85 decibels and intense odors
- Exposure to areas with limited visibility
- Health Insurance- Up to 80% of the Employee portion
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Paid Time Off after waiting period
- 401k after 90 days of employment with a company match up to 4%
(Employees are 100% vested after 90 day waiting period.)
- Employee paid Dental, Vision, Life and Accident
Keywords: Job Juncture, Billings , Estimator - Instrumentation & Electrical, Professions , Black Eagle, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!