Data Analyst- Credit Risk
Company: Stifel Financial Corp.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
SUMMARYThe Data Analyst will employ data science methodologies
to ensure loan portfolio data integrity to be utilized in credit
loss forecasting and management reporting.ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Responsible for the monthly production of loan impairment
actual and portfolio analytics.
- Fully learn and understand all aspects of processing within
Impairment Studio with the help of Moody's internal support
- Create Policy and Procedure documents for CECL reserves using
Loss Rate and PD/LGD.
- Support Portfolio Managers and /Underwriters with finalizing PD
/ LGD calibrations using Moody's Credit Lens and Commercial
Mortgage Metrics platforms.
- Work with Bank's 3rd party consultants on future aspects of the
final/ new implementation packages.
- Review the broad loan portfolio (PD/LGD down to the
- Work hand in hand with Credit Underwriting and Portfolio
Management (Review the loan ratings, PD/LGD output match between
CL/CMM and ACBS, Ensure general accuracy of outputs).
- Review ACBS files (General balances, Funded vs Unfunded,
C&I vs CRE, Other ad hoc).QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to use accounting/financial techniques/tools and
attention to detail for Impairment accuracy and integrity though
- Knowledge of Portfolio risk management including credit risk
lifecycle and it's impacts on the drivers of impairment
- Documentation of existing processes and models to a required
standard as defined by the internal & external auditors and other
- Ability to deal with complex problems/issues, hypothesis
testing via data analysis
- Advanced statistical analysis and experience working with large
data setsEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology,
Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent work
experience or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum Required: 1+ years' of investment, financial or
technical experienceSYSTEMS & TECHNOLOGY
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and
- Must have experience with one of following scripting languages:
- Practical experience with Excel, Power BI, Python and/or RABOUT
STIFELEstablished in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading
full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel
serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States
and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment
firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a
leading provider of investment banking services to the middle
market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of
the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel
Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking
services.At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment,
comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision
care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time
off.Stifel Bank is an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer. All candidates will be considered without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic
information or any other protected characteristic under applicable
Keywords: Stifel Financial Corp., Billings , Data Analyst- Credit Risk, Professions , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!