Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Specialist
Company: Food Services of America, Inc.
Posted on: February 16, 2020
OverviewUS Foods is one of Americas great food companies and a
leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately
250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their
businesses succeed. With nearly 25,000 employees and more than 60
locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and
innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce,
technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in
Rosemont, Ill. and generates approximately $23 billion in annual
revenue. Come join our team where we help you make
- Responsible for various facets of inventory and quality control
in the Distribution Centers.
- Analyze inventory adjustment also checking on trends and making
suggestions for improvements.
- Assist with cycle counting inventory as well as review,
posting, variance research, and the approval process.
- Reconciliation of inventory adjustment codes.
- Monitor date management in inventory system to ensure accurate
expiration and rotation of date restricted products.
- Assist in transfers of inventory both internal and from other
- Assist in logging, researching, and resolving all quality
issues throughout the distribution center.
- Help ensure pallets placed on hold are reviewed, researched,
and followed up on in a timely manner.
- Resolve weight and quantity inventory discrepancies between two
inventory systems, ERP and WMS.
- Assist in the inspection of all returned product as
- Monitor and pull short dated product from inventory to adhere
to customers service and food safety requirements.
- Record and monitor all shrinkage.
- Perform miscellaneous inventory verifications to support sales,
procurement, and other departments.
- Monitor processes, making suggestions for improvements, and
suggesting changes as necessary.
- Assist in training associates in all inventory related policies
- Support Food Safety and HAACP initiatives and policies.
- Facilitate processes and procedure development for branch
distribution centers, ensuring
- Write, review, standardize, and train--on quality and inventory
- Provide food safety and security/QIA support during vacations,
trainings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Assist in product recalls. Must demonstrate competency and
knowledge of responsibilities with respect to product safety,
quality, and legality.
- Adhere to best-practice operating procedures for all activity
- Collaboration with other departments.
- Daily inspections of In-Bound Produce Deliveries for quality
- Daily Inspection of In-House produce for quality concerns.
- Daily counts, temp recording, and monitoring of banana and
- Daily reporting to buyers and sales on produce quality.
- Other duties as assigned.QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent. A minimum of
1-year of college level coursework or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years hands on experience in Inventory Control and
- At least 2 years experience with Windows Operating System and
Microsoft Office software.
- Food distribution knowledge extremely helpful.
- Good oral and written communication skills.--
- Prioritize and organize workload in a high production
- Solve problems and deal with all levels of Associates and
- Remain productive with multiple interruptions and assist fellow
employees when needed.
- Hands on training to use high pick machine.
- HAACP Certification preferred.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug
- This individual will spend time in the Distribution Centers
which have numerous operations machines that could be potentially
- Counting at various heights from 0 to 40 feet in air.
- This individual must be willing/able to spend time in multiple
temperature zones including a freezer to -10 degrees.
- This individual must be able to train and use high pick
- Shift Days and Hours:
- Sunday 5:30 AM to 2:30 PM. (Working Produce QA)
- Monday-Thursday 8:AM to 5 PM (All areas of QA and Inventory
- Some overtime will be required as needed. STRESS (MENTAL
- Must be able to remain on task with multiple telephone and
human interruptions within a high paced, high volume
environment.PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to sit and/or stand up for 80% of the work day.EOE
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Keywords: Food Services of America, Inc., Billings , Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Specialist, Professions , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!