Company: Alsco Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2019
The Custodian is responsible for general maintenance and
cleanliness of equipment, facilities and grounds. This position is
also referred to as Janitor. Performs other tasks as required.
- Performs heavy cleaning duties such as clean plant equipment
using compressed air and other methods.
- Scrub, sanitize, vacuum, sweep and mop.
- Dispose of trash, clean up spills, replace air fresheners, change
out light bulbs, lock doors, paint, maintain water coolers, prepare
facilities for events such as meetings or banquets.
- Clean offices, bathrooms, break rooms and other areas.
- Move furniture, supplies, textiles or equipment within
departments or into storage and assist other departments with other
- Apply insecticides and fumigants, trim shrubbery and perform
other outside maintenance, clear walkways of snow or leaves.
- Participate in Safety programs such as committees or emergency
contingency, use Personal Protective Equipment as needed, notify
supervision of repair needs, spills, safety concerns or hazardous
- Keep records of maintenance, monitor cleaning supplies, restock
supplies in bathrooms, break rooms and other areas.
- Operate a powered industrial truck to move, transfer, load and
- Continuously meet efficiency and safety standards for the
- Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Work in other production positions as needed.
- Recognize colors and sizes, count and sort accurately.
- In some locations, be able and certified to safely operate a
powered industrial truck.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products and procedures or willing to
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with a
- Work independently, comprehend and follow written or verbal
- No requirement.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, bending, reaching,
twisting, working in cramped areas, reaching overhead, pushing,
pulling, grasping, lifting up to 90 lbs., carrying up to 50 lbs.,
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry
facility, which includes working with and around large machinery,
in general offices, outside grounds, variations in temperature,
odors, humidity, lint and dust.
- Physical requirements consist of being able to meet the physical
demands for the entire shift.
Revised:06/20/2019 Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Alsco Inc., Billings , *Custodian, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!