Posted on: January 27, 2023
COMMUNITY PORTER - CUSTODIAN(Olympic Village- Billings, MT)
10 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for Centerspace rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits - 1stof Month Following Start
Centerspace Stock Purchase Plan
401k match up to 5% - Immediately!
Come join our growing team!
As a Community Porter - Custodian you would have a vital role in
the success of your property and the maintenance staff. You would
be responsible for maintaining the community's common areas, unit
turns, and providing an excellent first impression of the interior
to support our vision of maintaining the appearance and
preservation of our properties.
About Centerspace:Centerspacewas founded in Minot, North Dakota, in
1970. You can find our corporate support offices located in
Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite
operations in six states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN, our
company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing
apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to
be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities
by focusing on integrity and serving others. Centerspaceis built
around our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees
as one team.
SummaryProfessionally performs janitorial, grounds keeping, and
light maintenance duties on a timely basis.
ExpectationsExpected to follow instructions, understand established
procedures and comply with deadlines. Generally given substantial
guidance, but expected to be self-directed once trained. May need
assistance in prioritizing duties, and setting deadlines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
- General property maintenance and property area cleaning.
- Routinely perform the following housekeeping tasks in all
areas: sweep, mop, wax, and vacuum floors; empty wastebaskets; dust
and wipe all surfaces; clean and disinfect bathrooms, showers, and
bathtubs; clean kitchen and pantry, including all shelves and/or
drawers; clean appliances, including the exterior surface and also
inside drum; sweep and clean fireplace hearths; clean windows,
mini-blinds, and mirrors; sweep and clean balconies and patios;
sweep areas directly outside entrances.
- Clean all common areas as scheduled by the supervisor. Areas
include, but are not limited to: parking garage, individual
offices, clubroom areas, community rooms, model units, corporate
apartments, mailbox areas, stairwells, storage areas, and
elevators. Periodic cleaning of windows in these common areas per
the property schedule.
- Responsible for daily touch up cleaning of our tour path and
show apartment homes.
- May assist with light apartment maintenance with introduction
to in home service requests.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all
necessary cleaning products, supplies, and equipment used at the
- Inform supervisor when cleaning supplies are needed. Maintains
cleaning supplies and requests re-ordering of those supplies in a
timely manner. Ensures the proper use of these supplies.
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety &
Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
Communicates any safety or risk concerns to management.
- May be responsible for snow removal such as shoveling snow and
de-icing walkways, etc, depending on the property and
- Willing to work flex hours (Saturdays and/or Sundays)
- Completes apartment unit cleaning for turns.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary
circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Assist in keeping grounds and building neat and free of litter
and dirt; removal of weeds; spraying for weeds and insects; light
snow removal; sanding and salting; cleaning or replacement of
filters; and cleaning of exterior surfaces and doors.
- Assistance with preventative maintenance.
- Assists residents and team with high level of customer
- May utilize work order systems for assignments and closes out
tasks once completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis job has no supervisory
Travel RequiredSome local travel may be required.
Education & Experience
- Required: None
- Preferred:Background in custodial is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Language Skills -Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, MSDS sheets, basic maintenance instructions, and
procedural manuals. Ability to understand and communicate with
supervisor and tenants.
- Mathematical Skills -Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide. Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, area, ratios, circumference, and volume as it relates
to appropriate amounts of cleaning solutions to the areas needing
to be cleaned.
- Reasoning Ability -Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills -Ability to efficiently use and navigate on the
internet and use web based timekeeping software.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Constantly (66-100% of the time)- to be on feet, stand, walk;
climb stairs; bend, stoop, crawl, crouch, squat, kneel; use hands
and fingers to grasp, grip, turn and feel; reach above shoulders,
push, pull, lift and carry; operate cleaning equipment such as
vacuums and mops; and talk and hear or effectively and safely
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus. Employee must be able to visually determine the difference
between clean and unclean. Lift up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently (33-66% of the time) -lift and/or move 10 - 25
pounds; climb ladders and balance.
- Occasionally (1-33% of the time) -lift and/or move more than 25
pounds, although usually with the assistance of another employee
Keywords: Centerspace, Billings , Custodian, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!