and Field Survey Specialist-Sheridan
Company: State of Wyoming
Posted on: January 27, 2023
TNCF06-2023-00172-Construction and Field Survey
Apply TNCF06-2023-00172-Construction and Field Survey
Specialist-Sheridan Salary $19.38 - $22.28 HourlyLocation Sheridan,
WYJob TypeFull TimeDepartment045-WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District
- Questions Description and FunctionsOpen Until FilledGENERAL
DESCRIPTION: The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is
now seeking a full-time Construction & Field Survey Specialist
located in Sheridan, Wyoming, where you will enjoy various outdoor
activities nearby, including snowmobiling, skiing, camping,
fishing, and hunting. Under limited supervision, the Construction
and Field Survey Specialist will perform various tasks required to
formulate recommendations for highway projects' preliminary designs
and construction to provide a safe, high-quality, and efficient
transportation system.Enjoy all historic Western Sheridan has to
offer! At the foot of the Big Horn Mountains, youll have easy
access to hunting, fishing, camping, ATV trails, skiing,
snowmobiling, hiking, golfing, other outdoor activities, and too
many festivals and events to mention. Dont forget the famous WYO
Rodeo held in July and February! Feel like city activities?
Billings, Montana is less than two hours away. And Wyoming is one
of only seven states with no income tax! Human Resource Contact:
Jenny Sullivan 307-674-2318 firstname.lastname@example.org
(email@example.com) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions
are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every
function which may be performed at the job level.
- Performs various tasks, including surveys, testing and
inspections on preliminary designs, and construction of highway
- Responsible for minor construction projects.
- Observed, monitored, and oversees highway and highway-related
construction performed by contractors.
- Fields test materials, checks work against specifications and
confers with contractors, engineers, and work crews.
- Reviews highway design plans to verify existing utilities,
determine utility conflicts, and contact utility companies to
notify highway projects and confirm utility conflicts.
- Responsible for project documentation, pay estimates, and final
- Verifies and documents work activities.
- Regularly monitors and inspects work and calculates payment of
- Maintains crew diaries and logs supporting departmental
record-keeping and/or contract administration activities.
- Ensures that materials sampling and testing are performed
properly; audits material summaries for QA/QC purposes.
- Assists in the preparation of recommendations used to design
- Anticipates potential problems prior to going to contract.
- Checks preliminary plans for errors and problems.
- Communicates internally and externally regarding project
information and courses of action/consequences on larger
- Researches land ownership and contacts landowners to secure
permission to enter their land to conduct surveys.
- Prepares and checks documentation to be sent to the district
- Oversees minor to more complex construction projects by
documenting pay quantities, coordinating the work schedule of
subordinates, and working with contractors for quality
- Prepares and updates reports as needed.
- Assists and supports the District Land Surveyor and the
district administrative personnel.QualificationsPREFERENCES/AGENCY
REQUIREMENTS: Preference may be given to applicants with 2 to 4
years of progressive work experience in roadway construction
methods, contract administration, survey experience, and material
testing.**Must have the ability to obtain the following
certifications/licenses:*Valid Driver's License*Defensive
Driving*QC/QA Certification in Soils & Aggregate, Asphalt, and
Concrete*Asphalt Concrete, Soil & Aggregate*WYDOT Portland Cement
Concrete*ACI Concrete Level 2*American Association of State Highway
and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) CertificationKNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of project coordination and monitoring. Review design
and construction methods.
- Knowledge of construction trades and practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of engineering and computations/formulas.
- Knowledge of construction inspection, which includes the
interpretation of plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of documentation of project records.
- Knowledge of communication with supervisors and
- Knowledge of working towards a leadership role.
- Knowledge of material testing.
- Ability to perform complicated computer calculations.
- Knowledge of computers and calculators.
- Knowledge of surveying, surveying methods, equipment, and the
ability to apply upload and downloading of survey files.
- Knowledge of contract time, administration, and contract
changes.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
Substitution:2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in
Construction and Field Surveying) with acquired knowledge at the
level of a Construction and Field Survey TechnicianCertificates,
DegreeExperience:0-2 years of progressive work experience
(typically in Construction and Field Surveying) with acquired
knowledge at the level of a Construction and Field Survey
TechnicianNecessary Special RequirementsPHYSICAL WORKING
- Potentially exposed to hazardous waste and biological
- Working around high-speed traffic and heavy construction
- Work outdoors extensively in various inclement weather
conditions including heat, cold, snow, and wet.
- Must be physically able to bend, stoop and lift up to fifty
pounds; safely lift and move necessary materials from one point to
another; ability to stand for long periods.
- Must be available to work Monday through Saturday during the
- Occasional overnight travel is required.NOTES:
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- WYDOT will conduct motor vehicle record checks to verify a
valid driver's license.
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to
confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the
United States. Learn more about E-Verify
(https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify) , including your rights and
responsibilities.Supplemental Information045-Department of
Transportation - WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District ConstructionClick
to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.URL:
http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfmThe State of
Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the
ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with
disabilities.Class Specifications are subject to change, please
refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most
recent version.There are many benefits to living and working in
Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide-open spaces and clean air,
great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to
mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State
employees a very generous benefits package. Please click here
(https://ai.wyo.gov/divisions/human-resources/benefits) for more
information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.For
additional information on living in the state of Wyoming please
click here (https://www.wyo.gov/home) .
Keywords: State of Wyoming, Billings , and Field Survey Specialist-Sheridan, Other , Sheridan, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!