Mental Health Worker
Company: Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch
Posted on: January 24, 2023
TITLE Mental Health WorkerLevel EntryJob Location
Billings-Offices - Billings, MT Position Type Full TimeEducation
Level High SchoolSalary Range $17.21 - $21.61 Hourly Travel
Percentage NegligibleJob Shift Swing Position Summary: At
Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch, we count on our Mental Health
Workers to support a trauma-informed environment, facilitate, and
supervise day-to-day activities of residential programming such as
recreational activities, completion of basic living and social
skills while assuring the safety of the youth. They serve as a
positive role model and mentor to adolescents in treatment. A
Mental Health Worker will possess a strong work ethic, reliability,
and a desire to help youth with complex emotional and behavioral
issues. They should have a passion for this field and have the
ability to be a positive role model and influence the youth. Must
be available to work evenings and weekends.What are you looking for
in your next career opportunity? This is a great entry-level
opportunity for those interested in working with youth.
- Do you have a sincere desire to make a difference in the lives
of at-risk youth?
- Do you want a career that is more than a job and a
- Do you want to be part of a team where you are valued and
- Offers a hiring bonus, access to a no-cost personal trainer,
use of our recreation facilities at no cost, dorm style housing.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience/Interest in working with youth with emotional and
- 21 years old or older
- License to operate passenger vehicle and reliable means of
- Ability to relate and build rapport with youth therapeutically
while serving as a positive role model for the youth.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain professional therapeutic
boundaries and confidentiality with youth and families
- Possess the ability to work with youth in multiple settings,
such as individually and in groups.
- Ability to work in cooperation and collaboration with the
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Display regular, predictable, and reliable attendance at
- Excellent active listening skills
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrate sound & ethical judgment and decision-making
- Willingness and ability to obtain certification in First
Aid/CPR and Violence Intervention Prevention.
- Criminal / Child Abuse Clearance: Must pass criminal record and
child abuse registry background check as required by the State of
- Two (2) years of experience working with youth in a similar
setting or environment.
- Knowledge of behavior modification and age-appropriate child
Keywords: Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch, Billings , Mental Health Worker, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!