Company: Belgrade Public Schools
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Title: Concessions Assistant 2022-2023-143
Location: Special Events Center
Reports to: Concessions Manager
Shift: Shift varies due to game/event schedule. Shifts may include
working entire events or preparation of food.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist in the preparation and serving of food items for the
- Maintain kitchen and serving areas in clean, safe, and sanitary
- Clean dishes, pots, pans, and equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the assigned
- Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning
- Perform all duties in food preparation, meal serving and
kitchen as assigned by the Concessions Manager.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality, attendance, and
flexibility while working cooperatively with Supervisors and other
- Assists the Concessions Manager in proper storage of food and
- Practices procedures in food preparation, use and care of
equipment and personal habits to assure that sanitation standards
Knowledge Skills Abilities
- Must have ability to quickly learn computer accounting
- Must be able to quickly learn kitchen equipment and tools.
- Possess some knowledge of materials and methods used in
- Possess some knowledge of kitchen equipment and how it
- Demonstrated clear, effective interpersonal skills including
neat and clean appearance.
- Possess knowledge of sanitation standards and chemical use in
- Flexibility to work irregular hours depending on the needs of
the concessions stand.
- Work effectively in challenging and stressful situations.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with
students, parents, and school staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student matters.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, and
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District
requirements and Board policies.
- Skill in adhering to safety practices.
- Helps manage and supervise staff, volunteers and students
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
school district policies and applicable laws when Concessions
Manager is unavailable.
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data
including financial statements, company records and/or minutes,
customer quotes and company plans, designs and programs.
- Any combination of training, education and experience
equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Successful work experience showing suitable punctuality and
- Experience working in industrial kitchens.
Necessary Special Requirements
- Must be able to obtain and complete 8 hours Serve Safe
Certification within 6 months of hire
Equipment typically in kitchen environment, stoves, ovens, knives,
kitchen appliances, industrial mixers, etc.
Physical and Mental Demands and Work Hazards
- Repetitive movements of arms, wrists, hand grasping and hand
- Repetitive movements reaching.
- Required to lift, carry up and push/pull up to 50 pounds
regularly with or without an accommodation.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in
behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean, and appropriate
- Regularly works inside in a kitchen environment.
- May work on slippery surfaces.
- Required to stand regularly and for lengthy periods of time.
Occasionally walk and crouch.
- Ability to meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
- The environment can be stressful due to the nature of the
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to
- Guidance and reinforcement are usually available.
- Works inside with minimal temperature variations.
- Regularly stands and walks for extended periods to perform
- Required to be able to hear conversations in loud and quiet
- The employee frequently works within time constraints and must
maintain attentiveness intensity.
- Frequently involved in interactions which require oral and
- Exercises flexibility and the ability to shift from one task to
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts involved in
industrial kitchen operation.
- Effective hearing and speech abilities.
- Work area is generally a hazard free environment.
- Demonstrates regular attendance performing duties as
- Reports to work fit for duty with characteristics inherent to
The duties, physical demands, work-environment characteristics, and
mental/motor demands described within this vacancy announcement are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job with
compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendment Act
(ADAAA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for
this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals
currently holding this position and additional duties may be
Keywords: Belgrade Public Schools, Billings , Concessions Assistant, Other , Belgrade, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!