Tissue Recovery Specialist
Company: LifeNet Health
Posted on: June 22, 2022
DescriptionTissue Recovery SpecialistLocation: Billings,
MontanaDepartment: Tissue RecoveryJob Type: Full-TimeShift: Mon-Fri
8:15AM - 5:00PMLifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals
who will embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and
giving hope.LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach,
Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization
("OPO") and tissue processor in the United States, as well as a
leading innovator in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
Our goal is to improve the quality of human life through the
provision of organs, tissues and cells for transplantation; to
provide innovation in the fields of bio-implants, regenerative
medicine and research; and, to serve the community with educational
and support services that enhance the donation process. LifeNet
Health has over 1200 employees and has a growing global
presence.How You Will Contribute To LifeNet Health's SuccessAs a
Tissue Recovery Specialist, you would perform all assigned tasks
related to successful completion of tissue recovery operations.
Recover human tissues for transplant and research following
established LifeNet Health and client policies and procedures.
Assist in organizing recovery teams and may perform the role of
trainer and/or preceptor for new tissue recovery employees.
Actively participate in a rotational on-call schedule to adequately
cover needs of the recovery site operations. Always maintain a
professional appearance and attitude while representing LifeNet
Health.What You'll Do
- Recovers basic and advanced tissues for transplant and research
following LifeNet Health and client Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs), including appropriate donor reconstruction
- Performs a thorough physical examination of the potential
tissue donor and review of medical records. Ensures concurrent,
accurate and thorough completion of assigned LifeNet Health donor
chart documentation and quality reviews
- Assists in the onboarding and training of new tissue recovery
staff members as a trainer and/or preceptor to maximize the
donation opportunity and ensure compliance with departmental
procedures and industry standards/regulations
- Performs administrative office duties such as ordering,
stocking to ensure continuity of recovery operations; seeks,
evaluates and makes recommendations for improvement and cost
- Responsibly and accurately reviews tissue donor
disclosure/authorization documents and confers with team members
pertaining to its verification.
- Organizes teams and prepares supplies for case activity.
- Transports or arranges for transport of recovered tissues,
blood samples and/or cultures to LifeNet Health or other client
facilities.What You'll Bring (Minimum Requirements)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree or Successful completion of a health care
technical or professional program Allied Health; EMT, Nursing,
CST/ST or Hospital Corpsman preferred;
- Valid State Driver's License
- Two (2) years of work experience
- Previous Experience in Tissue banking, medical device or
related industry preferred.
- Covid-19 Vaccine requiredThese Would Be Nice Too (Knowledge
Skills And Abilities)
- Following defined procedures: Ability to follow LifeNet Health
and client procedures and industry regulations.
- Teamwork: Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish
tasks, in solving problems and executing improvement
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively to team
members, management, other LifeNet Health staff and outside
agencies involved in the donation process.
- Individual motivation: Ability to motivate self in completing
assigned tasks and proactively seek out opportunities for self and
organizational improvement.Why work at LifeNet Health?We have a
fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring Health, and
Giving Hope. You won't find another company with a culture as
strong as ours.
- 403(b) and Pension Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Corporate sponsored events (Chili Cook-Off, 5K, Celebration of
Life Gala, and many more!)
- Work-life balance with generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal career and skill development opportunities
- Wellness Program
- Food Truck Thursday (at participating locations)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dedicated and passionate co-workersWe are proud to be an EEO/AA
employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: LifeNet Health, Billings , Tissue Recovery Specialist, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!