Windows Systems Engineer
Company: Westmoreland Mining, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Summary Westmoreland is looking for a subject matter
expert who administrates and maintains our server infrastructure.
This role includes Active Directory, Server Operating Systems,
SCCM, and Azure Infrastructure. This position works with the IT
manager and infrastructure team on the implementation of new
technologies. Supervisor Responsibilities This position does not
have supervisory responsibilities over other employees. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs server OS health checks, analyzes system performance,
and identifies problems causing system and application issues.
- Utilize tools like SCCM and PowerShell to administer changes,
deployments, and automation tasks.
- Responsible for the administration, configuration,
troubleshooting, and design of Windows Active Directory.
- Understands follows and implements best-practice methodologies
for monthly patching and vulnerability remediation.
- Assists the Backup Disaster Recovery Vendor with remote
troubleshooting of backups and DR testing.
- Handles multiple project responsibilities simultaneously,
prioritizes work, and resolves technical emergencies as they may
- Perform related work as required.Typical Physical Demands
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
Requires constant data input for extended periods of time without
leaving the work area. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing
up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual
dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone,
calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of
hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate
appropriate reports. Requires mobility sufficient to travel.
Typical Working Conditions Normal office environment. Occasional
evening or weekend work, including on-call support. Education and
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience.
- Experience with physical and virtual Windows servers in an
enterprise-level environment (VMware experience a plus).
- Proficient with Active Directory and multi-platform
- Proficient with (including the ability to set up, configure,
upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Windows-based systems and
services such as Active Directory, GPOs, DHCP, DNS, MS-SQL, NPS,
- PowerShell experience; beyond running single cmdlets,
experience with writing larger scripts, and automation-driven
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 - 2019 (Core
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and
experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and
- Critical Thinking
- Strong Writing Skills
Keywords: Westmoreland Mining, LLC, Billings , Windows Systems Engineer, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!