Company: Forterra Pipe & Precast
Posted on: September 15, 2021
$19/hr, plus $1000 new hire bonus, see details below
The General Laborer is an entry-level position that operates a
variety of equipment and performs all types of construction and
maintenance-related work in the manufacturing and production
process of concrete products. Supports all aspects of a safe
working environment by following organizational policies,
processes, procedures, and OSHA requirements. This position
performs general manual labor tasks such as loading, unloading, and
moving materials. Assists operators with machinery used in the
production process. Cleans and maintains buildings, materials, and
equipment throughout the plant as needed.
- Complying with all safety regulations, maintain clean and orderly
work areas, and adhere to company OSHA safety guidelines at all
- Promoting a safe work environment for all staff, vendors, and
- Must be able to follow all appropriate safety practices.
- Must be able to comprehend and retain safety programs.
Pipe & Precast
- Operating of light, medium and heavy equipment including fork
truck, front-end loader, and bobcat.
- Operating of various hand-operated tools related to construction
- Maintains equipment and performs daily inspections of equipment.
Visual inspection of forms.
- Setting up forms in the manufacturing production process of
- Placing steel reinforcing in forms in the manufacturing
- Placing concrete into forms.
- Tearing down forms after the concrete is cured.
- Cleaning and lubricaing forms to be used in the manufacturing
- Placing covers and positions steam lines for curing process (if
- Placing bearing plates and string strands.
- Placing all steel reinforcement as detailed on shop plans.
- Cleaning reinforcing steel and discard loose rust.
- Applying preload to strand as detailed in shop plans.
- Marking strand for elongation measurement.
- Applying final load to strand.
- Setting concrete to cure.
- Completing detensioning process.
- Lifting the deck unit and yard all the beams.
Shift start: 6:00AM or 7:00AM
Shift length: 9 hours
Monday - Friday, some Saturdays as needed
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Able to use hand tools. Basic mathematics skills and be able to
read a measuring tape. Ability to understand the English language
and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
$1000 new hire incentive
Keywords: Forterra Pipe & Precast, Billings , General Laborer, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!