Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Overview:Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTDResponsibilities:Manages the associates
responsible for the general operating maintenance and repair of the
buildings and grounds to maintain proper care of the assigned
community(s) in accordance with current federal, state, and local
standards/regulations and company policies.
- Supervises the community maintenance, housekeeping and laundry
(if applicable) staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating
performance, resolving disciplinary issues and firing.
- Directs workers engaged in the maintenance and upkeep of the
interior and exterior of the community. Inspects completed work for
conformance to standards and policies.
- Oversees scheduled maintenance on: H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and
sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and
emergency pull cord equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance requests by residents for items needing
repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical,
heating and replacing light bulbs.
- Oversees repairs and maintenance of buildings including vacated
rooms in a timely manner. This includes painting walls and cleaning
- Ensures walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the
common areas of the community are properly maintained.
- Maintains positive communication with local fire Marshall,
building inspector, state elevator inspector, and any other
jurisdictions governing the community.
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the
community and determines the best course of action to correct the
problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential
exposure to hazardous chemicals used and take necessary
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in
accordance with company policy.
- Responds appropriately to resident or community emergencies by
assisting as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); and two to
three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Valid State Driver's License required for vehicle travel, as
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to
multi-task and prioritize work.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Billings , Manager, Maintenance, Other , Livingston, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!