2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic - Freightliner
Company: Interstate Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Across all positions in I-State Truck Center, there is one
constant. Our commitment to "Pride in Service". Our promise to
deliver exceptional customer service every day.
Diesel Technicians fulfill a critical role in our operations.
Employing over 600 technicians, I-State Truck Center provides
services to a wide range of industries. We do this by providing our
technicians with the factory training they need to accomplish and
sustain the highest efficiency possible.
2nd Shift can be either evenings or weekends!
Mechanic Job Duties
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on all
types of trucks
- Repair and troubleshoot engines such as Cummins, Detroit
Diesel, Caterpillar and Mercedes-Benz
- Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all heavy duty
- Positive interface with service writers, foreman, parts
department and customers
- Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion
- Meet requirements for certifications
- Administrative duties as related to position
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Technical degree or certification a plus
- Experience working with diesel engines and heavy duty
- Positive attitude and the ability to set goals and accomplish
- The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to
have the most updated product training
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Mechanic Position Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting
- Must have your own set of general tools
- Use computers for web based training and work order system
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no
- Competitive compensation
- Tools program
- Tuition assistance
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we
encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this
position by submitting a resume for consideration.
Keywords: Interstate Companies, Inc., Billings , 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic - Freightliner, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!