About The Role
This is a Teller position located at our Laurel branch.
Experienced Tellers and New Account Representatives are encouraged
to apply. Position that requires extensive customer service skills,
positive attitude and expressed enthusiasm. Process all customer
deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, sell bank checks and follow
established procedures. Requires knowledge of bank products and
services. Properly balance cash drawer. Promptly report any
discrepancy to supervisor. Must have ability to work in a team
atmosphere and actively promote Western Security Bank by
cross-selling products and services. Refer prospects to the new
account area for further explanation of the services recommended
and/or to open the accounts. Demonstrates a high degree of
accountability through utilization of skills, knowledge and actions
that protect the assets of Western Security Bank and its
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for fulfilling the WSB Mission Statement: "I Will
Exceed the Expected."
- Responsible for modeling the behaviors that make a customer
feel valued when using WSB services including smiling, introducing
yourself, greeting the customer by name and asking how you can
- Make all customers feel welcome and at ease by treating them in
a friendly and courteous manner.
- Research account information for customers and demonstrate that
you are interested in their business.
- Discover the customer's issues, needs and objectives by making
observations, listening and asking questions.
- Actively use the Seven Service Principles for all service
- Exhibits ability to call the customer by name and engage the
customer in conversation. Actively establishes rapport and shows
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of customer
relations in the success of the organization. Models appropriate
behavior that supports the importance of customers through mastery
of technical skills and a dedication to high performance.
- Refers the customer to the appropriate department for further
assistance. Responsible for thanking the customer for their
business and inviting them back.
B. HIGH PERFORMANCE CHECKING
- Actively uses customer focus service skills to determine
customer needs and suggest products to meet those needs.
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of WSB products and
services and their benefits. Must have the ability to articulate
the advantages to the customer.
- Responsible for listening to the customer, recommending and
deciding what products and services will meet their needs.
- Exhibits sales ability including effectively handling
objections, cross selling products, and promoting the Tell-A-Friend
- Ability to handle initial requests for services, competently
- Responsible for completing the HPC Sales Presentation
C. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Exhibit proficiency and accuracy in cash handling skills
including counting, posting, balancing, buying and selling
- Demonstrates additional knowledge of the computer, coin
counter, currency counter, proper use of bait money and alarm
- Responsible for being proficient and/or knowledgeable in check
handling tasks including endorsements, thumb print program, Reg.
CC. (exception holds), and Canadian checks. Demonstrates additional
knowledge of OFAC and the check cashing policy.
- Apply due diligence for detecting fraud.
- Demonstrates proficiency in various computer transactions
including deposits, withdrawals, payments, customer inquires and
histories, alerts, telephone transfers, stop payments, and saving
- Exhibit knowledge of available resources including various
forms and manuals associated with the position.
- Exhibit proficiency on equipment and job required
- Responsible for additional duties including Visa, MasterCard
and Discover cash advances, cashing U.S. Savings Bonds, and
assisting with safe deposit boxes.
- Must be able to accurately quote deposit product rates and
exhibit familiarity with rate information screens and fee
- Is expanding knowledge to include the new accounts manual,
products and services brochures, HPC program, product manual,
- Participates in departmental cross training.
- Is familiar with HPC goals and actively models behavior that
supports the goals.
- If assigned vault responsibilities, employee must have
documented proficiency in each item of the Vault Check Off
- Answers incoming calls, directs calls, and takes messages.
- Distribute mail, file and stock lobby.
- Actively participates in WSB continuing education
- Know and be able to use "Robbery Procedures".
- Encode forms and process branch capture.
- Completes all assigned BVS Courses.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but
not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the
Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Only minimum duties are listed. Other responsibilities may
be required as requested by Management
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Experience with cash handling and/or customer services
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
Ability to use listed tools and equipment.
Ability to understand and follow written and oral
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Ability to establish and maintain effective personal working
relationships with peers and supervisors.
Skilled in meeting and greeting the public.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organizations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate and enforce policies pertaining to vault
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors
in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise
Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per
year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines,
rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often
required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp,
handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
The employee may also be required to: push (Using upper extremities
to press against something with steady force in order to thrust
forward, downward or outward), pull (Using upper extremities to
exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained
motion), crouch (Bending the body downward and forward by bending
leg and spine), and stoop (Bending body downward and forward by
bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs
to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower
extremities and back muscles).
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including
computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles,
and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer
for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able
to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or
requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and
timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs
in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Medium
work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to
25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The
worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an
activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading;
visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or
operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices
at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant
experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes,
but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options:
medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive
premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution
to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to
3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit
sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid
vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most
valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are
innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing
opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by
investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized
career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company
headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12
billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8
states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado,
Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy,
emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources
of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp
has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has
repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or
employees will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical
disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or
any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work
visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.