Warehouse Operations Manager II in Billings Montana
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Through a constructive and energetic style, guided by the
objectives of the company, the Operations Manager II is responsible
for the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that
the facility has the proper operational controls, administrative
and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to
effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength
and operating efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Directs and manages facility operations.
- Implements cost effective systems of control over capital,
operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance. Controls and minimizes
- Maintains existing facilities and equipment; replaces or
adjusts warehouse facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of
effective growth strategies and processes to allow company to
achieve and surpass sales, profitability, and business goals and
- Assumes responsibility for the measurement and effectiveness of
all processes. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on
the operating condition of the warehouse as required.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement
plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and
personnel, designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract,
recruit and retain required members of the team as needed; provides
mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the
- Works to develop and maintain productive business relations
with vendors, suppliers, and all business partners.
- Ensures that OSHA requirements are effectively
- Ensures that both the inside and outside of distribution
facilities are clean and orderly.
- Ensures that forklifts, trailers, trucks, stackers, ladders,
pallets, shelves, and operations machinery are in safe operating
- Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback
to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance.
Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws, as
well as all company policies.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Maintain Cost efficiencies with regard to budget
- All service, productivity, accuracy and safety targets are well
coordinated and delivered in accordance with company policies and
procedures. Compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws.
- Inventory records and documents are current, accurate, and well
- Machinery, equipment, and systems are in good working condition
and preventive maintenance is performed as scheduled.
- Effective hiring and retention of a motivated workforce assures
personnel are effective, efficient, and optimally utilized.
Maintains a positive internal and external customer relation.
- Management is informed of area activities and of any
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent preferred
- Excellent understanding of inventory control and distribution
- Understanding of Company operations
- Knowledge of budgeting, supply contracts, and DOT
- Five or more years of related experience, with at least two or
more years of managerial experience in a union represented
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good communications abilities
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Billings , Warehouse Operations Manager II in Billings Montana, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!