BillingsRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Billings jobs

Lead Social Service Representative

Company: Department Of The Interior
Location: Lame Deer
Posted on: June 8, 2021

Job Description:

  • Duties




This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Superintendent, Northern Cheyenne Agency in Lame Deer, Montana.

Learn more about this agency


  • As a Lead Social Services Representative ,GS - 0187 - 9, your typical work assignments and/or responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
  • Develop and improve services aimed at Child Welfare and Family services on the reservation.
  • Receives child neglect, sexual abuse, and physical abuse complaints and conduct investigations through home visits and personal interview with child and/or parent.
  • Develop and improve services aimed at Meth affected families on the reservation.
  • Develop and evaluate additional family/child care services.
  • Serve as a consultant with other Social Workers in the Agency, the Superintendent and other groups on technical phases of various welfare programs.

Travel Required

50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.

Supervisory status


Promotion Potential


  • Job family (Series)

0187 Social Services

  • Requirements



Conditions of Employment

  • U.S. Citizenship Required
  • Indian Preference applies
  • You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit
  • You may be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period
  • A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
  • If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
  • Incumbent is required to operate a government motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver's license, and have a safe driving record within the 4 year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607.


GS-09: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower level.

Specialized experience: is experience that demonstrates the applicants' experience and ability in understanding of a Human Services Program which includes, General Assistance Program, providing finical assistance, and counseling to reservation residents. Experience with Child Welfare Programs, provide direct financial assistance to Indian children, foster parents, natural parents, casework, services to families, individuals, provide counseling, consultation of social service issues, including income planning, provide advice to adults, juveniles, tribal courts, tribal officials and the community.

All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.

Merit Promotion candidates must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the announcement closing date.


If you are qualifying based on your education, you MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.

If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.

One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.

If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education which shows the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: FOREIGN EDUCATION

Keywords: Department Of The Interior, Billings , Lead Social Service Representative, Other , Lame Deer, Montana

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category

Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Montana jobs by following @recnetMT on Twitter!

Billings RSS job feeds