Development Associate - Communications
Company: Billings Catholic Schoools Foundation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
About Billings Catholic Schools Foundation: The
Billings Catholic Schools Foundation (BCSF) serves as the
philanthropic arm of the Billings Catholic Schools (BCS) and the
BCS community. Formerly known as the Billings Area Catholic
Education Trust (BACET), the BCS Foundation develops resources to
benefit BCS, its programs, facilities, and those it serves through
fundraising and investment in endowment and other assets.
Position Description: The DAC will drive the
design, production, and implementation of content for effective and
wholistic donor communication through a variety of communication
types (e.g. written, video, photo, auditory, graphic) and channels
(e.g. mailings, emails, events, social & traditional media). The
DAC will design communications with the goals of acquiring new
donors, retaining existing donors, and increasing donor giving
through effective story telling of BCS, the BCS Foundation, and
those it serves (e.g. students, parents, alumni, and donors). The
successful employee will understand excellent donor communications,
technical expertise to implement communications, passion for the
Billings Catholic Schools and community, contribute to a positive
work culture, and have knowledge of and comfort with the Catholic
faith and its adherents.
Position Location: Billings, Montana
Areas of Responsibility:
Content Production and Management:
- Designs high-quality written and visual content and distributes
across all platforms including and when applicable: print, website,
e-mail, social media, traditional media, and any other applicable
- Ensures branding with a consistent look, style, and feel across
- Interview s students, donors, alumni, teachers, staff, and
other BCS community members to design compelling content.
- Oversee vendor relations to ensure quality, cost, and
timeliness of delivered product.
- Provides copy writing and editing on an as needed basis for
other communications (e.g. grants, board reports, agreements,
- Writes content for, designs, and produces appeals, newsletters,
mailings, and other outward facing donor communications used to
solicit donations, express gratitude, and tell engaging BCS
- Develops and oversees the design of marketing materials,
including brochures, posters, flyers, invitations, post cards,
- Serves as the main administrator and manager of all social
- Cultivates engaging, meaningful, mission-oriented donor content
for social media networks on a regular basis.
- Implements marketing campaigns via social media.
- Implements strategies to grow followers and increase
- Serves as the primary manager of the BCS Foundation s
- Creates fresh, engaging, accurate website content on a
- Conducts website analysis.
- Builds and manages the e-mail database.
- Develops strategies, writes copy, designs, and edits regular
- Assists with the development and design of event
- Assists in the solicitation of event sponsorships.
- Assist with event before, during, and after the event.
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of
donor communications throughout the year
- Design s communications that will grow the active donor base by
acquiring new and retaining existing donors.
- Develops communications that elicit growth in a donor s
participation and giving.
- Designs targeted communications through strategic segmentation
of constituencies including alumni, regular, mid, and major donors,
friends, parents, and other constituencies.
- Develops and maintains a timely and progressive donor
- Designs and sends a fresh, up-to-date donor thank you and
charitable donation receipt.
- Input s donations and revenue into appropriate data systems in
a timely, accurate manner.
- Oversees receivables including payment of pledges,
- Responsible for the donor database, ensuring its accuracy and
pulling reports and lists.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of performance expected in this position. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and
Skills/Abilities for Accomplishment:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the capacity to successfully
develop and manage authentic relationships, and contribute to a
positive, optimistic, and faith-oriented work culture.
- Adherence to the ethical standards of fundraising as described
by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Demonstrated intermediate design skills with various media
(e.g. print, photos, video, web, other).
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in writing.
- Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and ability to
produce high-quality work within time constraints.
- Proficiency in software applications, including MS Office
Suite, basic web design, Adobe Suite, CRM and Finance data systems,
with abilities to quickly learn new and updated applications
- Bachelor s degree in marketing, communications, or a related
- Other combinations of education and related experience will be
evaluated on an individual basis.
- Passionate belief in the importance of Catholic/Christian
- Knowledge and comfort with the Catholic faith and its
adherents, school system, and work environment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be able to work within a Catholic faith-based
- Must be able to work within time-constraints.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to operate office equipment such as computers,
telephones, and copy machines and work with manual files systems
and perform computer work for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work, from time-to-time, nights, weekends,
overtime, and travel if needed.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 25 pounds.
- Compliance with the Safe and Sacred program (training will be
Position: Development Associate Communications
FTE/FLSA: 1 Full-Time Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $16 to $20 per hour, depending on experience and
education. Benefits include medical, dental, vision insurance with
employer sponsored health insurance plan, beginning the first of
the month after the start date. Employer sponsored life and
AD&D with optional voluntary coverages. AFLAC Voluntary Plans.
403(b) retirement savings plan with employer contribution. Paid
holidays, vacation, and sick leave according to the employee
handbook. Tuition remission for children to attend Billings
Catholic Schools (excludes fees and other service charges).
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and
three references to ...@billingscatholicschools.org. The position
is open until filled. Initial application reviews will begin May
19; with first interviews the following week.
Keywords: Billings Catholic Schoools Foundation, Billings , Development Associate - Communications, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!