Ferris Wheel Operator
Company: Scheels Sports
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our
customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
Overview: Part Time $13.00/hour
The Ferris Wheel Operator will be responsible for ensure the
enjoyment and safety of customers while visiting the attractions in
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and
business partners like they are the most important person including
eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with
energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their
role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself,
regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and
accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of
professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers,
co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting
- Facilitate and execute all training for the Ferris wheel. This
will include extreme attention to overall safety, awareness of all
riders, an exceedingly enjoyable customer experience, SCHEELS
culture development, and other tasks per the SCHEELS Leadership
- Operates the control console to start and stop the attraction
and is fully knowledgeable of all control, loading, balancing,
safety and emergency operating procedures (if applicable)
- Must maintain full attention on attraction operation at all
times when it is moving
- Informs customer to fasten belt, bar, or other safety
- Confirm customers meet height and other admission
- Ensure safety at all times
- Direct customers on how to enter and exit the attraction.
Operators sometimes help people get on and off rides.
- Monitors the condition of the equipment and the operation of
all moving parts at all times to ensure the ride is operating
properly and safely
- Ensures the area is kept clean and free from debris and spilled
- Collect payment method from patrons
- Maintain orderly appearance of personal work space and
- During down times, operators will attend to misc. projects
including, but not limited to hanging, folding , size sticker
placement and pricing product
- Assist with all other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organization, attention to detail, ability
to multi-task and problem solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a
positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and
consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work assigned scheduled which may include varied
hours, evening, weekends, and holidays
High school education or GED preferred; or up to three months
related experience or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop,
kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or
without reasonable accommodation.
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of
force constantly to move objects
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates.
Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform
their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and
9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 10a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule
may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be
available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week
is 20-25 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing
equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital
status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals when appropriate.
Keywords: Scheels Sports, Billings , Ferris Wheel Operator, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!