Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Human Resources Officer - BIA)
Company: Department Of The Interior
Posted on: June 7, 2021
This position is located within the Office of the Assistant
Secretary Indian Affairs, Deputy Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs
(Management), Office of Human Capital Management, within the.
Reporting to the Director-OHCM, the incumbent will lead all HR
operational areas and have input on the full range of HR
responsibilities. The incumbent will manage assigned programs and
initiatives of the OHCM-BIA HR operations on behalf of the
Director-OHCM, with the delegated authority of the
Learn more about this agency
- Directs HR operational areas to include staffing and
classification, policy, diversity and inclusion, employee and labor
relations, benefits, human resources information systems and other
- Serves as the direct supervisor to the BIA HR field operation
chiefs. Plans, assigns, prioritizes, and reviews work of
subordinates and their staff.
- Assesses overall HR operational program strategy and implements
changes to strengthen the effectiveness of HR management in
staffing, classification, employee and labor relations, benefits,
HR information systems, and improve customer service.
- Performs and represents the Office of Human Capital Management
on Bureau, Department, or government-wide task forces, assigned to
implement change, improvement, compliance, data, and other
- Establishes working relationships and negotiates with unions
which represent employees within the Indian Affairs
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
0201 Human Resources Management
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Indian Preference applies
- You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct
- You may be required to successfully complete a
- A background security investigation will be required for all
new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's
successful completion of a background security investigation and
- If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are
required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the
Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered
or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
- Incumbent is required to operate a government motor vehicle,
must possess a valid driver's license, and have a safe driving
record within the 4 year period immediately preceding submittal of
GSA Form 3607.
- Telework: Indian Affairs has determined that the duties of the
position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed
to telework with supervisor approval.
- This announcement is for one vacancy from among the 4 listed
One year of specialized experience at the GS-14 grade level or
equivalent overseeing the day-to-day operations of a human resource
office; advising senior management on human resources policies and
regulations to ensure compliance; and developing and updating
standard operating procedures based on changing Departmental
policies and federal law.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date
of this announcement.
Merit Promotion candidates must also meet time-in-grade
requirements by the announcement closing date.
This job does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department Of The Interior, Billings , Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Human Resources Officer - BIA), Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!