Sales Support, KTVQ
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are currently seeking a high-energy, multi-tasking Sales
Support Assistant to join our Sales team at KTVQ in Billings.
The Sales Support Assistant II works under the direction of the
Sales Manager to support the Growth & Retention Account Managers or
Acquisition Account Executives on all activities related to the
Acquisition and Retention and Growth process.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Facilitate & process sales presentations.
- Assist in generating sales reports.
- Work as an active and involved member of the team performing
any task needed to support the retention and growth of advertising
accounts and prospects. This includes but is not limited to
customer calls, taking corrections and information from advertisers
and setting appointments as needed.
- Provide overall sales support to assigned team to include but
not limited to:
- Inputting ads into the ad order system, assist in collecting
and composing ad copy, assist in maintaining account base and
ensuring high customer service.
- Calculate and have the ability to communicate rate packages to
client and prospects.
- With support from sales staff and managers identify and correct
any billing errors or issues prior to end of month.
- Correctly input client billing adjustments within the same
month as dispute identified.
- Communicate and work as a team player both internally and
- Attend sales training and planning meetings.
- Assist in researching problems that develop with accounts and
troubleshoot the issue developing a satisfactory conclusion for the
property and the customer needs.
- Assists Sales manager on all special project details including
but not limited to production schedule, rate authorization and
non-ad department communication.
- Handles the daily general clerical functions such as filing,
answering phones, creating correspondence and calculating rates to
quote to customers when they call.
- Arranges and distributes various advertising materials and
sales reports to the proper areas in a timely manner.
- Provide exemplary customer assistance.
- Attend and participate in training and planning sessions.
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-2 years' experience in a related field.
- Some college preferred.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Strong PowerPoint skills are a must (Ability to creatively use
graphics to create PowerPoint presentations).
- Strong customer service skills.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics
information and creative layouts.
- Must have the ability to generate reports, business
correspondence, and presentations.
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively
respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to the
advertising rate packages.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and
- Must have the ability to learn new software programs such as ad
order entry and customer relations management software.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to meet
- Keyboarding skills
WHAT WE'LL OFFER:
- Professional development opportunities
- Full benefits; medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement savings plan with company match
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media
company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the
nation's fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves
communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a
portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach
nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV
and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff
and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation's largest holder of
broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative
reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward
of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has
held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find
their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation,
transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic
information, medical condition, disability, marital status,
citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran
status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any
applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company
will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Billings , Sales Support, KTVQ, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!