POSITION SUMMARY: Ensures the safety of all persons riding
Yellowstone Club lifts, performs preventative maintenance tasks on
Chairlifts and Surface lifts, conducts periodic inspections and
monitors equipment during operation hours.
Will respond to down lifts and assist in running the auxiliary
power units, troubleshoots malfunctions, plan and performs repairs,
cleans and maintains lift equipment and tools at a high
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each job function
satisfactorily, which includes:
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors and assists in maintaining all lift equipment to
ensure safe and reliable lift transportation;
- Assists other lift maintenance technicians in whatever areas
possible to expedite summer maintenance;
- Performs all assigned lift maintenance duties to ensure safe,
reliable lift transportation and compliance with all applicable
rules and regulations;
- Proficiently performs all duties described in the lift
Maintenance Level I, and level II job descriptions;
- Assists in training of new technicians and lift operators.
Ensures that Yellowstone Club procedures are followed by operators
throughout the season;
- Complete all required record keeping, including work orders,
log and maintenance inspections, accurately and in a timely manner.
Observes and assists other technicians in the completion of their
- Provides positive examples for other technicians in practicing
proper work habits;
- Assists other technicians in troubleshooting procedures and
- Attend all necessary training seminars and workshops pertaining
to job description;
- Maintain effective communication to ensure effective
inter-departmental relations to ensure a harmonious mountain
operation for members, guests, and employees;
- Comply with all Yellowstone Club policies and procedures and
assure that all subordinate employees do the same;
- Operate all Yellowstone Club motor vehicles, equipment and
snowmobiles for safe and efficient transportation and work
- Notify manager's of any problems;
- Housekeeping to maintain buildings and facilities at a
- Use good judgment;
- Complete all tasks assigned consistently and promptly;
- Be punctual and dependable and pay attention to detail;
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS OF THIS POSITION:
- Adheres to Yellowstone Club's and the Lift Maintenance
Department's policies and procedures;
- Performs duties as workload necessitates;
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude;
- Communicates regularly and effectively with all employees,
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability
to prioritize workload;
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties
- Meets departmental productivity, organization and consistency
- Complies with laws, ordinances and regulations;
- Performs work in a safe and high quality manner.
- Adheres to Employee Guidelines and Standards of Conduct at all
- Attendance/ Punctuality and Dependability: Depended upon to
report to work at the scheduled time, is seldom absent from work,
and keeps unplanned absences to a minimum. Employee follows company
policy of reporting/planning absences and going through the correct
channels to request time off. Completes work in a timely, accurate
and thorough manner, is conscientious about assignments and
o Normal Work Schedule: Flexible to accommodate 4, 10-hour work
days or another variation of 40 hours/ week with limited to no
overtime unless prior approval is granted, 30 minutes for lunch
- Teamwork and Flexibility: Ability to help and share knowledge
or expertise with others. Responds and adapts positively to new
ideas, requests, and/or changing situations. Provides meaningful
feedback and responds well to constructive criticism.
- Communication and contact: Communicates effectively both
verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals
inside and outside the company. Listens attentively and provides
appropriate feedback to ensure understanding.
- Relationships with others: Works effectively and relates well
with others including superiors, colleagues and individuals inside
and outside the company. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing
with others; works to maintain constructive working
- Initiative and Productivity: Initiates work activities, seeks
responsibility, and makes efforts to improve knowledge and skills.
Employee thinks along original lines, finds new and effective ways
of doing jobs, and makes suggestions for improvements. Volume of
work consistently done in relation to the volume considered to be a
standard requirement of the job. Frequency of need for overtime is
kept to a minimum and wise use of time during a normal workday.
Accuracy, attention to detail, thoroughness, and neatness.
- Judgment and Analytical Ability: Seeks clarification when
unsure. Knows when to consult and when to act independently. Keeps
managers informed of status and potential problems. Correctly
determines work priorities.
o The structure and content of the English language including
the meaning and spelling of words.
o Excellent interpersonal skills.
o Resourcefulness, good judgment and self-confidence.
o General mechanical tool use.
o Ski lift operation, maintenance, construction, and ANSI.b77
o Snowmobile safety and operation.
o Company safety regulations, OSHA regulations and any other
safety rules and regulations that apply.
o Reading and writing comprehension - understanding written
sentences and paragraphs in work related documents and
communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs
of the audience.
o Oral and written communication skills - speaking, listening,
reading or writing and understanding information and ideas
presented; talking to others to convey information effectively.
o Active listening - giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate
o Critical thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
o Active learning - understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
o Troubleshooting - determining causes of operating errors and
deciding what to do about it.
o Time Management - Managing one's own time.
o Information ordering - The ability to arrange things or
actions in a certain pattern according to a specific set of rules,
i.e., patterns of numbers, pictures, and mathematical
o Interpretive skills - ability to read and interpret documents
such as safety rules, operating and instruction manuals,
blueprints, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and
- Education and Experience:
o High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related
course work required
o Associates degree or better in related field.
o Two years lift maintenance experience or Four years experience
in the Lift Maintenance field.
o Must possess a valid Montana's driver's license.
- Must have skiing/snowboarding ability
- Must have the ability to work in adverse conditions including,
but not limited to outside weather conditions or near moving
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb
stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear;
- The ability to work at heights in excess of 20 feet using
safety harness and fall protection;
- The ability to stand in a relatively stationary position for
extended periods (2-4 hours) to perform specific maintenance
functions. Elevated work platforms that limit movement during
standard maintenance are part of the work environment;
- Wear protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes,
glasses, gloves, hearing protection, or hard hats;
- Be exposed to hazardous equipment and substances;
- The ability to work exposed to sound and noise levels that are
distracting and uncomfortable without hearing protection;
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, distance vision, and the
ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to have face-to-face discussions with individuals
- Must be able to safely lift 50lbs.
- The ability to safely operate company vehicles and machinery
such as snowmobiles and light trucks.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions
of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or
comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and
responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities,
tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined
above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.