Underground Utility Foreman - MT
Company: KLE Construction, LLC
Posted on: April 10, 2021
As a foreman, you will be working with your crew(s), subs and
suppliers effectively managing the daily onsite activities on the
project. You will also be required to work closely with the
Superintendent or Project Management Team fulfilling an integral
role in the project between crew and management.
Required Skills And Experience
- 5+ Years Field Experience - Operating Heavy Equipment,
Underground Utilities, Pipe Laying and/or Grading
- 2+ Years as Foreman or Crew Lead
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean MVR - CDL is a
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Candidate shall have extensive experience with reading and
understanding project plans, specifications and contract
requirements; knowledge of the materials, equipment and tools
necessary to layout and complete the work; the ability to calculate
slopes, percentages, grades and elevations.
- Proficient in PC software and systems such as Microsoft Office;
PDF/Bluebeam, Emailing, Using Tablets, Spread Sheets, Online Plan &
- Experience with B2W, HCSS or other project management and
reporting software a plus
- Experience with Trimble GPS Layout and/or Machine Controls a
- Ability to Maintain Training and Certifications (Preferred In
Hand): First Aid/CPR, OSHA (PEC/Safeland), Confined Space &
Trenching and Excavation, Fall Protection
- Experience in all the following: reading plans/blueprints,
stakes, ability to check grades, understanding of soil types and
composition, calculating slopes, percentages and elevations,
knowledge of safe operation of the various types of equipment on
- Provide general direction and oversight to the safe performance
of work that meets required quality standards as well as schedule,
scope and contractual requirements within the project plan.
- Plan Identify & Mitigate: potential hazards, delays, quality
control, and other jobsite issues. Develop solutions and plans to
avoid these risks and successfully complete the project.
- Assess and address performance issues with your crew(s) and/or
- Mentor & Coach your team members as it relates to KLE policies,
procedures, work requirements and safety practices.
- Schedule and manage site safety meetings and filling out JSA's,
work permits, locate requests and logs
- Maintain and Ensure consistent, accurate field reporting
including daily field reports, notes, documentation, plan updates,
As-built and other required information including quantities.
- Ensure both the site and the operation represent KLE positively
in all aspects including inspecting and monitoring site signage,
cleanliness, equipment and materials staging as well as attitudes
- Inspect and report on assets. Ensure equipment, tools, vehicles
and materials are properly staged, stored and maintained. Manage
site deliveries as well as returns.
- Ensure site conditions are congruent with plans, specifications
and contract documents.
- Identify and Manage: T&M, additional and change order
- Assemble completed quantities, changes and production rates for
- Perform all work in accordance with applicable rules and
regulations of the company handbook
- Perform all work in a safe manner according to company policies
and KLE HSE manual
- Enforce OSHA Construction, General Industry & DOT regulations
and adhere to KLE Construction's safety manual and adapt to safety
regulations as necessary. Ensure safe working conditions and assist
safety manager in investigating and resolving all claims arising
from project and or work incidents including safety
- Reporting all safety hazards, incidents, issues etc. to the
Safety Manager immediately.
- Cost Tracking, Scheduling and Change Tracking over the course
of the project(s)
- Job duties may include travel and may require extended hours,
including weekends/or nights.
Planning and Scheduling
- Assist in the overall project planning including: project
specific & public safety measures; site security; budget &
performance goals; equipment and materials selection; off and
onsite logistics related to trucking and materials, as well as
overall personnel and equipment flows within the project site.
- Develop and maintain crew labor projections, identifying the
labor and skills required and participate in the selection of site
staffing. Monitor, review and track both employee and asset
- Provide feedback on schedule and over/under performing items
- Lead and motivate crew members to complete work safely, on
schedule, on budget in a quality manor
- Build and maintain relationships with the project
representatives, engineers, architects, inspectors, subcontractors,
- Resolve any employee problems that may arise and if needed
contact and work with Human Resources in documentation,
notifications and proper handling of situation.
As with the nature of construction, this job description, the
duties and responsibilities contained herein are both general and
not intended to be a complete list of the duties, expectations,
responsibilities necessary to this position. As with any
atmosphere, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform
additional or other duties as needed or required.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: KLE Construction, LLC, Billings , Underground Utility Foreman - MT, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!