Business Lines Field Property Claims Adjuster - Bozeman or
Company: Liberty Mutual Insurance
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A
Fortune 100 Company! Are you looking for an opportunity to join a
claims team with a responsible company that has consistently
outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Liberty Mutual
Insurance has an excellent claims opportunity available as a
Property Field Claims Adjuster for our Business Lines division.
This position is located in the Bozeman/Billings, MT area. Field
Property Adjusters investigate commercial property claims, evaluate
damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost estimates,
control the insured's exposures and losses, manage consultants, and
achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair
claims handling requirements. You will also be expected to
negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining
relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss
losses. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to adjust complex
business interruption losses.
- Conduct on-site appraisal or direct independent adjuster to
determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
- Engages and manages consultants as required to assist in
determining facts, causation, damages and exposure; monitors the
costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and
reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other
- Keeps the Insured and others informed about the claim's status
with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications.
Effectively communicates in writing on moderately complex coverage
issues with minimal review and coaching. Determines depreciation of
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and
the policy terms and conditions. Develops information necessary to
make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
- Meet time requirements of the policy and fair claims handling
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying
complexity and perils. Achieves a prompt, fair and equitable
settlement of a claim, where there is policy liability.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with
accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflects
the adjustment activities and substantiates any payments made.
- May participate in quality assurance file review sessions and
serve as a technical resource for less experienced claims
- Provide guidance to inexperienced team members and may act as a
mentor to other entry level adjusters.
- Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
- Knowledge of property insurance; commercial property claims;
coverage evaluation; claims investigation, loss assessment,
evaluation and reserves; financial analyses; insurance regulations;
negotiation and settlement of moderate to high complexity
- Focus on customers; decision making; results oriented; spoken
communication; and adaptability; an ability to build relationships,
listen (i.e., comprehend nuances and acknowledge others'
- Ability to train and mentor less experienced team members,
write business correspondence, produce accurate work, manage
projects and vendors; and use core applications/spreadsheets; as
normally acquired through a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Prefer designations such as AIC, SCLA, CPCU, etc., and at least
2-3 year of progressively responsible experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the site of catastrophe
for assignments that may last several weeks.
Benefits: We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to
positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to
offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and
well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
https://LMI.co/Benefits Overview: At Liberty Mutual, we give
motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us
redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a
deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting
everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment,
where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough
ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued
and their growth championed. We're dedicated to doing the right
thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and
success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation.
Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find
their path at Liberty Mutual.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual Insurance, Billings , Business Lines Field Property Claims Adjuster - Bozeman or, Other , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!