Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
GENERAL PURPOSE: -The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store
Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the
Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the
Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. - Area Supervisors
are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising
Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment.
They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean
work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for
executing and supervising Company operational processes as
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Maintaining Safe & Secure Environments:
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and
practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to
create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. -
Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices
to Store Leadership.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit
control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash
removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily
function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and
register area. - -
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention,
accident reporting and emergency procedures. - -
- Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled. Responds to
after-hours alarms when requested.Customer Service:
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition
programs.Personal and Store Brand
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company
Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code
at all times.
- Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and
merchandised to standard.
- Responsible for daily trash removal.General Merchandising:
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company
standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per
Company best practice.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound
deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all
merchandise is processed.
- Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and
processed to Company policy.
- Responsible for merchandising of department including the back
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in
- Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional
signing as needed.
- Responsible for re-wraps as needed.Loss Prevention:
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness
Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes
maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor,
Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity
and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. -
Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information and merchandise.
- Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained
- Conducts Code 50 package inspections.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity
by minimizing steps and touches while working.Front End Supervision
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity
by minimizing steps and extra touches when working. Ensures
Associates are executing to Company standards at the Front
- Maintains pace, energy and presence at the Front End, managing
the line to expedite - Customers wait time
- Trains and coach Associates on cash registers, shortage control
policies and other Front End procedures. To meet friendly and
- Controls Retail Associates break schedule for backups, lunches
- Ensures all equipment is working properly.
- Maintains proper supplies and recovery for the Front End
- Ensures go backs are expedited, properly scanned, security
tagged and ticketed.
- Teaches all Associates the Scan and Bag best practice.
- Ensures salability of merchandise on the Front End, aisle
tables, Mens/Womens 4-way features, and specialty racks.Fitting
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Fitting
- Ensures all Fitting Room garment tags are audited and accounted
for to Company policy. -
- Ensures go-back compliance throughout the day. - All
merchandise returned to the sales floor must be ticketed, scanned,
nubbed and security tagged as needed.Administrative Duties as
Assigned by Store Manager:
- Ensures Cash pulls and bank deposits are conducted to Company
- Responsible for Front End control when needed. Understands and
adheres to the policies and procedures that refer to refund
approval, Associate purchase approval, securing tills and cash in
safe, register Paid Outs/Ins, void approval, register media and
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch
edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission
and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.COMPETENCIES:
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & ExecutionQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly
used in retail environments.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS/ADA:Ability to use all Store equipment, including
PDTs, registers and PC as required.Ability to spend up to 100% of
working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.Ability
to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach,
and stoop.Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25
lbs.Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
other assigned supplies.Certain assignments may require other
qualifications and skills.Associates who work Stockroom shifts: -
ability to regularly push, pull and lift more than 20 lbs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Retail AssociatesStockroom Leads
DISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties
and responsibilities of the job and position. - It is not intended
to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. - Contents are subject to change at managements
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Companys overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Billings , Area Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Cascade, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!