Customer Service Specialist
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: DOEJob Summary: Interviews customers,
prepares orders for new services and changes. Interacts with the
subscriber/customer to achieve positive subscriber/customer
relations. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Talk with customers by phone or in person and receive orders
for new installation, activation, discontinuance or change in
- Answer customer inquiries as to type and availability of
- Receive customer complaints, comments or information and asks
detailed questions to determine exact nature of problems. Assess
the information received and determine the proper action to be
- Complete contract forms, determine charges for requested
services, collect deposits, and prepare change of address
- Solicit sale of new or additional services and related
- Answers incoming calls on a multi-line computer based
- Assesses the caller's inquiries and requests, then transfers
the call accordingly.
- Provides clerical backup as required.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail, which may include
receiving and delivery.
- Files and scans customer correspondence.
- Educates customers on long distance carrier choices and
- Performs all functions relating to daily cash collection and
posting of end user payments.
- Handles incoming end user billing calls and questions. Must be
able to answer questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists with collection calls on delinquent accounts.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of records; complies and
adheres to Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
- May be required to be on call evenings and weekends.Additional
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to
fulfill job function or as assigned. Knowledge, Skills, and
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products and
services can be learned on the job.
- Knowledge of terminology and functions of telecommunications
- Able to operate a personal computer and related software.
- Able to communicate effectively and pleasantly with customers
to explain and interpret problems customers may have with service,
- Able to operate various office equipment, such as copy machine,
fax machine and multi-line telephone system.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, customers, and the general public.
- Able to enhance customer relations with a pleasant and
efficient telephone manner.
- Able to work with a variety of personalities to project
- Able to handle multiple priorities, work accurately, work under
pressure, and pay close attention to details and schedules.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Able to learn terminology and functions of the
- Able to exhibit professional appearance and dress.
- Able to communicate effectively, both in writing and in
speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts
in a courteous and professional manner.
- Able to motivate oneself and maintain close rapport with all
staff to keep up-to-date on system activities.
- Able to assist in keeping management informed of the concerns
and opinions of subscribers and community members.
- Familiarity with capital credits a plus.
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license, have a
good driving record and be insured under the Company's insurance
- Able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company
- Able to work with regular supervision, following general
- Able to travel for educational and training purposes.
- Able to work in a team environment and interface with other
departments in a positive productive mannerEducation/ExperienceAny
combination equivalent to the following education and experience
that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities
would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and
abilities would be: High school diploma or general education degree
(GED) with one to three months related experience and/or training,
or equivalent combination of education and experience. Physical
- Sits at desk much of working day.
- Stands and walks short distances in office.
- Handles books, papers, and office equipment.
- Stoops, stands, and bends when using files.
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.Additional
InformationThis job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. The successful candidate will also perform other
reasonably related business duties as assigned by the Customer
Service Supervisor. Nemont reserves the right to revise or change
job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of
Keywords: Nemont, Billings , Customer Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Glasgow, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!