Nurse Practitioner- NP or PA - Hospitalist (Per Diem)
Company: SCL Health
Posted on: August 13, 2019
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich
heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that
values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a
winning combination as we bring health and hope to our
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in
Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Childrens Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Womens Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing
person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the
communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician
Assistant (PA) provides quality, primary healthcare services in
collaboration with Physicians in accordance with Montana State Law
and St. Vincent Healthcare standards. These services may be
provided in various outpatient clinic, long term care, hospital and
home settings. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Patient
- Independently assesses patient needs, analyses data and
information, and formulates plans of care.
- Coordinates patient care and collaborates with Physicians in
the delivery of care, demonstrating technical competencies in
performing medical and surgical procedures within scope of
practice, training and credentialing.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical
- Documents assessment, intervention and response to care
according to State and Federal guidelines, SVH and site specific
policy and procedure; provides and documents patient education
- Documents and codes all services provided in accordance with
regulatory requirements and national standards.
- Encourages and mentors support staff; giving and receiving
constructive feedback and using feedback to enhance and improve
- Assesses departmental processes and actively participates in
- Adapts practice to meet the ever-changing needs of the
healthcare system and approaches work with optimism and
- Represents SVH in the community and encourages collaboration
between community resources.
Program Management (Site Specific)
- Assists with the development of new and revised services,
programs, and projects in conjunction with management.
- Leads planning, implementation, ongoing management, and
evaluation efforts based upon the scope of the
- Develops and revises policies, procedures, and competencies as
Staff Supervision (Site Specific)
- Supervises assigned staff and delegates appropriately,
effectively communicating with staff and external resources.
- Coordinates and ensures efficient and effective operations.
Assists manager with the hiring, coaching and evaluation of
Education, Experience, and Licensure/Certification
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner or as a Physician
Assistant-Certified by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners;
Prescriptive Authority by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners
and DEA License.
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment (site
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service
- Requirements are representative of the minimum level of
knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the
essential functions of the position.*
Keywords: SCL Health, Billings , Nurse Practitioner- NP or PA - Hospitalist (Per Diem), Healthcare , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!