Nurse Practitioner - NP or PA - Neurosurgery
Company: SCL Health
Posted on: April 15, 2019
Join our Neurosurgery Team! We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner
or Physician Assistant with a strong work ethic and positive
attitude to join our team!
* Full-time position-1.0 FTE
* 40 hours a week with rotating call (call paid)
* Assist surgeons in the OR and rounding in hospital
* Manage ambulatory outpatient clinic in conjunction with physician
* Salaried Position
* Clinic and OR coverage
* Competitive salary and excellent benefits
In this position, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician
Assistant-Certified (NP, PA-C) provides quality, primary healthcare
services in collaboration with Physicians in accordance with
Montana and/or WY State Law and St. Vincent Healthcare standards.
These services may be provided in various outpatient clinic, long
term care, hospital and home settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Independently assesses patient needs, analyses data and
information, and formulates plans of care.
* Coordinates patient care and collaborates with Physicians in the
delivery of care, demonstrating technical competencies in
performing medical and surgical procedures within scope of
practice, training and credentialing.
* Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical emergencies.
* Documents assessment, intervention and response to care according
to State and Federal guidelines, SVH and site specific policy and
procedure, provides and documents patient education
* Documents and codes all services provided in accordance with
regulatory requirements and national standards.
* Encourages and mentors support staff, giving and receiving
constructive feedback and using feedback to enhance and improve
* Assesses departmental processes and actively participates in
* Adapts practice to meet the ever-changing needs of the healthcare
system and approaches work with optimism and flexibility.
* Represents SVH in the community and encourages collaboration
between community resources.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (Site Specific)
* Assists with the development of new and revised services,
programs, and projects in conjunction with management.
* Leads planning, implementation, ongoing management, and
evaluation efforts based upon the scope of the program/project.
* Develops and revises policies, procedures, and competencies as
STAFF SUPERVISION (Site Specific)
* Supervises assigned staff and delegates appropriately,
effectively communicating with staff and external resources.
* Coordinates and ensures efficient and effective operations.
Assists manager with the hiring, coaching and evaluation of
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential
functions of the position
* Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner by the MT or WY State Board of
Nursing and certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the
American Nurses Credentialing or American Academy of Family Nurse
Practitioners, Prescriptive Authority by the Montana/Wyoming State
Board of Nursing and DEA License
* Licensed as a Physician Assistant-Certified by the MT/WY State
Board of Medical Examiners, Prescriptive Authority by the MT/WY
State Board of Medical Examiners and DEA License
* Current BLS certification
* ACLS certification within 6 months of employment (site
* Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service
* Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the
Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn
applications relevant to the position
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis
of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
Keywords: SCL Health, Billings , Nurse Practitioner - NP or PA - Neurosurgery, Healthcare , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!