Staff Development Coordinator LPN OR RN -Aspen Meadows
Company: EmpRes Healthcare
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Aspen Meadows is a 5 Star Center, that takes pride in our care deliver, focus on Qualify of Care, and performing at the best level in the industry! We are now recruiting for an RN or LPN Staff Development Coordinator join our new Nurse Management Team. This is a great management position for an RN LPN whose passion is teaching! The ideal candidate will understand the nursing practices, collaborate with management in delivery of learning, assess the needs of the staff in order to enhance the curriculum that is offered. This position will be willing to work a flexible schedule to provide education on all shifts monthly or as the need arises. .This position will qualify for a sign on bonus JOB SUMMARY The Staff Development Coordinator - RN or LPN will administer, plan, develop, direct, evaluate, and coordinate the Center education programs implemented by this Center in accordance with current federal and state guidelines, and Center policy. Responsible for the Center-wide orientation program. Supervises the clinical activities of Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) in collaboration with the shift nurses. Functions as a Licensed Nurse providing direct resident care when necessary. Is familiar with and complies with Center policies and processes. Works cooperatively with employees at multiple levels in the Center. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Plans, implements, directs, and evaluates the education program in the Center based on identified resident needs, staff needs, governmental regulations, and Center policy. Recruits from outside sources to provide up-to-date education programs.
- Evaluates resident and staff training needs, and provides the Executive Director (ED) and DNS with comprehensive recommendations concerning the educational/training needs of nursing staff.
- Interprets and implements established Center policies, processes, and regulations for nursing staff.
- Supervises and evaluates nursing staff conformance to Center policies, processes, and regulations.
- Plans and provides the ED and DNS with an annual schedule of planned education programs.
- Plans, schedules, and posts a monthly calendar of education programs in a timely manner.
- Maintains current education records of classes/in-services conducted, attendance, and clinical performance of each nursing attendee, as well as attendance records of other employees.
- Maintains an education profile for each nursing employee listing each class attended, date, time period, and evaluation of performance.
- Continually assesses the education program to validate the approved program is being implemented.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process by providing attendance records and observations of nursing staff performance to the DNS. 11. Demonstrates consistent ability to work cooperatively with residents, nursing supervisors, licensed nurses, nursing assistants, physicians, families, consultants, community agencies, and ancillary service personnel.
- Demonstrates concern for residents welfare by rendering immediate assistance as necessary.
- As Infection Control Preventionist, implements, educates, and maintains trending records of infection occurring in Center.
- Provides monthly and quarterly infection control reports to DNS, ED, and Quality Assurance (QA) Committee with proposed action plans for review and approval.
- Makes appropriate Center reports to Medical Director and Public Health Agency per State regulation for reportable diseases.
- Observes and teaches Center infection control policies and processes to employees.
- Observes and teaches the Center safety policies and processes to nursing staff.
- Observes and teaches the Center residents rights policies and processes.
- Assumes responsibility for obtaining continuing education relating to the care of the geriatric resident and nursing education.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to identify problems, report in an objective manner, and take appropriate corrective action.
- Participates in and contributes meaningful information in meetings relating to resident care and Quality Assurance in the Center.
- Maintains records and data in a neat, organized manner for prompt retrieval.
- Demonstrates concern for feelings of others by listening and taking follow-up action as necessary.
- If Center has a State approved Nursing Assistant Certification Program, responsible for the following:
- Submits in writing any proposal for program changes to DNS, Regional Nurse Consultant and appropriate State Agency for approval.
- Manages the approved education program and submits appropriate forms to State Agency as required.
- Maintains records related to this program as required.
- Prepares lesson plans containing objectives, course content, method of instruction, and method of evaluation for each class scheduled and completed.
- Conducts classroom and clinical for Nursing Assistant per regulations and Center process. OTHER DUTIES
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate to the position. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- RN License preferred but not required
- Demonstrates clinical skills competency as a Licensed Nurse in providing care to the resident population.
- Understands and follows written and verbal directions.
- Working knowledge and ability to comply with Center policies and processes for workplace safety, including infection control processes, application of universal precautions for bloodborne pathogens, use of personal protective equipment, and handling hazardous materials.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities, complete duties/projects within allotted time, and to respond to change productively and handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
- Must be able to travel and/or attend educational offerings presented by the Vancouver Service Office, as well as approved offerings by Association conferences or other entities.
- Exhibits leadership skills (visionary, competent, honest, and inspiring). Displays high energy for the job an upbeat, positive can-do approach. Leads by example; willing to pitch in and do whatever is necessary to get the job done. Creative problem-solver with strong follow-through. Practices fair and effective delegation.
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate concepts at many levels (approachable, easy to talk with; active listener; open communicator, honest; reaches out to others, able to share feelings/concerns with other staff members; compassionate, caring person).
- Strong people skills; diplomatic in interaction with others (effective in ability to coach up as well as down; works well with various types of people and at multiple levels of training; a team builder; able to say no in a firm but tactful manner; tolerant). EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires license in State practicing. Two years experience in nursing; one year in long-term care, preferred.
- Requires one year experience and demonstrated competence in planning, implementing, and directing educational programs for adults in the nursing field.
- Requires experience in supervising nursing assistants.
- RN license preferred, but not required Aspen Meadows Skilled Nursing 3155 Avenue C Billings, MT 59102 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: EmpRes Healthcare, Billings , Staff Development Coordinator LPN OR RN -Aspen Meadows, Healthcare , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!