Registered Nurse - RN - Observation
Company: SCL Health
Posted on: February 10, 2019
You You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Observation Unit Nurse.
You want to work full time nights.Youre equally comfortable with patients, families, colleagues, mentors and technology. You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.Us. St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898.We are a15 Bed Observation Unit with patients including chest pain, CHF, abdominal pain, COPD, cellulitis, stroke, ETOH, ect. We take several drips including Cardizem, Amiodarone, Heparin amongst others. We also take post-surgical short stay patients and cath lab patients.Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.We We offer up to $29,000 hiring incentives to include sign-on, student loan forgiveness and relocation. Together, well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. We use shared governance and many decisions are made from the staff level. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.Your day
As an Observation Unit Nurse you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Work in a fast-paced unit with a variety of patient diagnoses, much like in the ED
- Adapt to quickly changing dynamic situations calmly and effectively
- Self-schedule and take 1 to 2 call shifts per 6 weeks
- Work collaboratively as a team with physician partners and peers
- Monitor heart rhythms, maintain IV drips for more acute patients
- Respond to and communicate professionally with peers and providers as you perform your work
- Follow hospital, regulatory and professional guidelines, policies and procedures
- Communicate compassionately and effectively
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- ASN/ADN from an accredited program
- BSN from an accredited program required within 48 months of hire
- Current RN license to practice nursing in the state of Montana
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- One year of cardiac nursing experience preferred
Your next move Now that you know more about being an Observation Unit Nurse on our team we hope youll join us. At St. Vincent Healthcare youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Keywords: SCL Health, Billings , Registered Nurse - RN - Observation, Healthcare , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!