Transitional Care Unit Certified Nursing Assistant - $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Posted on: January 26, 2023
ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art
facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful
Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is
licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary
medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud
of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized,
patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think
of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
The CNA assists patients with activities of daily living, provides
basic nursing care to patients and assists in the maintenance of a
safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of
the Charge Nurse or other Registered Nurse in charge of the team
and/or unit. The CNA implements directions from the nursing staff
and physicians assisting with direct and indirect patient care. The
CNA meets the communication needs of the patient/family,
departmental staff, and medical staff. As assigned, the CNA
performs admission duties and ensures patient information is
accurately obtained and updated in the hospital's computer system;
prepares and compiles records in the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Adheres to professional guidelines for practice as defined by
the Wyoming State Board of Nursing, the American Nurses Association
(ANA) Scope and Standards of Practice.
- Collaborates with other departments in a professional manner as
needed to provide patient-centered care.
- Demonstrates effective communication, conflict resolution, team
building, and leadership skills.
- Compliance with Sheridan Memorial Hospital's Kindness First
- Assists physicians and nursing staff with patient care duties
within scope of practice: vital signs, positioning and transporting
patients, weighing patients, etc.
- Prior to admission, ensures patient room is ready (e.g., bed
made, names on white board, admission kit, etc.)
- Upon admission, greets and escorts patient to room, introduces
patient to his/her roommate, other patients and staff, as
appropriate. Makes the patient comfortable (i.e., put to bed, get
water, explain room lay-out, bed controls, etc.) and stores
- Upon transfer or discharge, assists with packing patient's
personal possessions, transporting patient to his or her new room
or to the receiving area. When necessary, assists with
loading/unloading patients to/from vehicles.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal
interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment
throughout the unit shift.
- Cleans patient rooms after discharge.
- Reports all changes in the patient's condition to the nurse as
soon as it is practical.
- Assists with patient care in an environment that optimizes
patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care
- Completes documentation that meets current standards and
- Performs treatments and provide services within scope of
- Communicates appropriately and clearly with all health care
- Provides care appropriate to disease, condition, and age of the
patient within scope of practice.
- Assists nursing staff with procedures and performs services
requiring technical and manual skills within training and scope of
- Provides timely reports of all events such as near misses,
adverse events, patient/family complaints, and any situation that
affects the safe delivery of patient-centered care.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and
religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Maintains good working relationships both within the department
and with other departments.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and
family; communicates with social service/discharge planner
regarding both in hospital and post discharge needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
well under stressful situations.
- Respects patient privacy in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act.
- Distributes hospital specific literature.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel.
- Orders non-stock supplies through the Material Management
- Performs proper telephone etiquette. If transferring a
telephone call, announces the caller and briefly explains the
situation before ending the transfer.
- Attends and actively participates in departmental staff
- Completes all mandatory education; participates in continuing
education activities within the department and
- Restocks items daily in each room and at the nurse's
- Keeps up to date with clinical practice and evidence-based
- Stays abreast of organizational policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs
of the department/organization.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care team meetings,
department huddles and care conferences as scheduled.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED),
- Current unrestricted Wyoming Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- BLS certification, required.
- Minimum six months' related work experience, preferred
- Central Registry, required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and
- Additional languages desirable
- Basic computer knowledge
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills
In accordance with Sheridan Memorial Hospital's (SMH) duty to
maintain a safe work environment for staff, patients and visitors,
and to ensure the facility remains in compliance with the Center
for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS) Conditions of
Participation, COVID-19 vaccinations or an approved medical or
religious exemption is required in accordance with established CMS
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body
fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of
Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals /
specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you
would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant
under the law, please click here.
- - - - - -
Live and work at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains in -Sheridan,
Wyoming! -Sheridan Memorial Hospital has been caring for this
community and northern Wyoming for 100 years. Nestled at the
foothills of the Big Horn Mountains of north eastern Wyoming
spectacular scenery and outdoor activities abound. This is an
excellent place to raise a family, with outstanding schools and
many cultural and recreational activities available.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various -job opportunities
-available. Should you choose to join our workforce, you will be
among co-workers who are friendly, compassionate, caring and
courteous. At Sheridan Memorial Hospital, the focus is on providing
the most positive patient experience possible.
We offer an excellent benefit package -(2021 Benefits Overview),
-tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance, competitive wages to
include shift differential, comprehensive on-site education and
certification programs and an opportunity for cross-training in
many areas of the hospital. Our hospital has state-of-the-art
technology and equipment comparative to that of many larger
We focus on creating and nurturing a workplace that encourages,
recognizes and rewards individual effort and creativity; to be
responsive to changing modes of health care delivery and adapt
accordingly; and, to operate a financially viable institution
delivering services in a cost effective manner. We value effective
communication and honesty and we believe that teamwork based on
mutual respect is key to success.
Various work schedules and shifts are available to accommodate your
active lifestyle as well as provide added depth within our
facility. For further information regarding -job opportunities,
including qualifications and requirements or the application
process, please contact:
Sheridan Memorial Hospital
1401 West Fifth Street, Sheridan, WY 82801
Contact Human Resources by Email at
Sheridan Memorial Hospital Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Sheridan Memorial Hospital, Billings , Transitional Care Unit Certified Nursing Assistant - $2,000 Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Sheridan, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!