Clinic RN, LPN or MA
Company: Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Posted on: September 25, 2022
ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art
facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful
Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is
licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary
medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud
of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient
centered care in a healing environment. When people think of
excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.JOB SUMMARY
Essential daily duties include rooming patients, reviewing patient
history and assessing the health status of patients by collecting
and analyzing patient data. Staff will be responsible for the
development and implementation of processes consistent with nursing
standard specific to patient needs including patient call-back and
the implementation of patient education tools and processors.
RN/LPN/MAs will be required to perform general nursing duties
including evaluation, planning, implementation and documentation of
nursing care for an assigned population. Testing and administering
medications within the nursing scope of practice is expected. It is
required that each RN/LPN/MA is familiar with standard concept,
procedures, and practices in nursing services. Employees will
participate in performance improvement and CQI activities as
Other duties may include assisting in office procedures, supply
inventory management, cleaning and organizing exam rooms and
equipment, scheduling and assisting in patient reception services
and office coordinator duties as necessary. The position requires
excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with
a multidisciplinary team of professionals as well as healthcare
- Follows the ten medication rights and reduces the potential for
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs
specific to the standard of care for patient's age.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to
interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each
patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and
reassessments as per policy and specific to unit age specific
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes
appropriate pain management techniques including
non-pharmacological techniques. Educates the patient and family
regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Knowledge of Infection Control, TB, Blood Borne Pathogens and
Hazardous Waste plans.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs
and evaluations effectiveness of learning. Family is included in
teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services
within scope of practice.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly with all health care
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures
and performs services requiring technical and manual
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
well under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and
religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Functions as liaison between the patient/family, physicians,
other healthcare providers and administration.
- Interacts professional with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to use the Electronic Medical Record
(EMR), to gather data and input quality information for EMR
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Assists in successful implementation of programs to improve
coding and reimbursement for office-specific procedures.
- Assists the physician(s), physician assistant(s), and Nurse
Practitioners in addressing hospital and clinic related issues,
serves as liaison and representative of Primary Care Clinic in
resolving problems and participates on committees as
- Ability to effectively coordinate care in a complex practice
model with highly interactive multidisciplinary team of healthcare
professionals with competing demands on available resources which
must balance to create patient-centered care. Work will include
setting common goals, merging resources, providing education, and
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs
of the department/organization.
- Keeps fiscally responsible for inventory and competently order
supplies, including dept specific supplies.
- Assists in identifying referring physicians and assuring to the
extent possible that strong relationships are developed and
Department Key Responsibilities
A Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse/MA at Internal Medicine
will be able to perform:
1. Procedures -
- EKGs properly and to process them correctly from the order to
synchronizing them for EKG machine
- Pre and post spirometry testing
- Diabetic foot exams using monofilament appropriately
- Lab draws
- Procedure instrument cleaning
- Injection administrations
- Immunotherapy to include: injections and proper
- Vision screenings
- Phone call triage
- Medication refills per protocol
- Lab orders per protocol
2. Point of Care Testing
- PT/INR testing to include: finger sticks, using CoaguChek
machine correctly, and following protocol to give appropriate
Coumadin dosing instructions
- Blood glucose testing
- Urine dipsticks in office correctly using Clinitek
- Urine pregnancy tests
- QuickVue strep tests
- QuickVue influenza tests
Disclaimer: The above position has been designed to indicate the
general nature of work performed within this position.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- Current BLS certification, required.
- Current unrestricted Wyoming Registered Nurse, Practical Nurse
license, or Certified Medical Assistant
- A minimum of two years nursing or medical assistant experience,
- Current ACLS certification, preferred.
- Attend initial Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) training,
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in
- Sound knowledge of computers and proficient level of
- Delegation, prioritization and organizational.
In accordance with Sheridan Memorial Hospital's (SMH) duty to
maintain a safe work environment for staff, patients and visitors,
and to ensure the facility remains in compliance with the Center
for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS) Conditions of
Participation, COVID-19 vaccinations or an approved medical or
religious exemption is required in accordance with established CMS
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body
fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of
Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals /
specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you
would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant
under the law, please click here.
- - - - - -
Live and work at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains in -! -Sheridan
Memorial Hospital has been caring for this community and northern
Wyoming for 100 years. Nestled at the foothills of the Big Horn
Mountains of north eastern Wyoming spectacular scenery and outdoor
activities abound. This is an excellent place to raise a family,
with outstanding schools and many cultural and recreational
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various - -available. Should you
choose to join our workforce, you will be among co-workers who are
friendly, compassionate, caring and courteous. At Sheridan Memorial
Hospital, the focus is on providing the most positive patient
We offer an excellent benefit package -(), -tuition reimbursement,
relocation assistance, competitive wages to include shift
differential, comprehensive on-site education and certification
programs and an opportunity for cross-training in many areas of the
hospital. Our hospital has state-of-the-art technology and
equipment comparative to that of many larger facilities.
We focus on creating and nurturing a workplace that encourages,
recognizes and rewards individual effort and creativity; to be
responsive to changing modes of health care delivery and adapt
accordingly; and, to operate a financially viable institution
delivering services in a cost effective manner. We value effective
communication and honesty and we believe that teamwork based on
mutual respect is key to success.
Various work schedules and shifts are available to accommodate your
active lifestyle as well as provide added depth within our
facility. For further information regarding -, including
qualifications and requirements or the application process, please
Recruiter/CoordinatorHuman ResourcesSheridan Memorial Hospital1401
West Fifth Street, Sheridan, WY 82801Phone: -Fax:
307.673.4295Contact Human Resources by Email at -
Sheridan Memorial Hospital Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Sheridan Memorial Hospital, Billings , Clinic RN, LPN or MA, Healthcare , Sheridan, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!