Surgical Technician Certified (Pool) - Northern Rockies Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: January 12, 2022
US-MT-Billings# of Openings: 1Category: Per DiemSystem ID:
18787Group Name: PioneerOverviewSurgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is
transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly
create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health
systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and
healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to
achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and
a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower
total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's
10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that
serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on
SCA, visit .Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Functions as a certified scrub technician in the operating
room/procedure room under the direction of the Registered
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of
sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of
prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers,
high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function,
interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and
biological indicators related to instrument and equipment
high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room
technical equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines, policy
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room
supplies and equipment. Qualifications
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Certified Surgical
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in either a hospital or
ambulatory surgical center setting required. Strong Orthopedic
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and
- Ability to perform lifting and transporting of patients; and
lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 50
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize work
in order of importance.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a
variety of peri-operative environments.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Billings , Surgical Technician Certified (Pool) - Northern Rockies Surgery Center, Healthcare , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!