Registered Nurse - Home Health PPV
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.Position
SummaryThe Registered Nurse - Home Health PPV is responsible for
modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and
Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6
Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for
upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive
working relationships within the company, among all departments,
and all external stakeholders. Primary functions are to plan,
develop, implement, evaluate, organize and direct home care
services with the interdisciplinary team including physician,
patient/family, and referring agency; and administer skilled
nursing care for clients of all ages in their place of residence
and assume the responsibility for the total provision of
care.Position Specific Responsibilities
- Assesses home health patients to identify the physical,
psychosocial, and environmental needs as evidenced by
documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and
- Case manages and provides clinical oversight and direction to
the interdisciplinary team, physician, and family.
- Implements/develops/documents the plan of care and revises as
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect
both the staff and the patient (OSHA).
- Supervises and provides directions to the HHA/LVN to ensure
quality and continuity of services provided.
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered with
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements
of third party payors.
- Performs on-call responsibilities and provides on-call service
to patients/families, as assigned.
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team
members, physicians, and other health care professionals.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited college/university; Associate or
Bachelor's degree from School of Nursing required.
- Two years of experience as a registered nurse in a clinical
care setting, home health preferred. Skills
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong
written and verbal communications.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand, read, write,
and speak English. Articulates and embraces hospice philosophy.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- Current, unencumbered state license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR certification. Physical Demands and Work
Environment: The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
colleague is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; talk and hear. The colleague frequently is required to stand,
sit, and reach with hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally
required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
and taste or smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move
more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision. The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those a colleague encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. There will be
possible exposure to infectious diseases through working with
clinical caregivers. The noise level in the work environment is
usually quiet. At Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates,
diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our Pillars of
Success. We are committed to creating a fair work environment where
our colleagues feel welcomed, highly valued, and respected. As an
equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Compassus, Billings , Registered Nurse - Home Health PPV, Healthcare , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!