RN Care Coordinator
Company: SCL Health
Posted on: January 17, 2020
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they
hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something
even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be
strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based,
nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered
care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we
offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your
family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision
coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well
encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to
As an RN Care Coordinator, you need to know how to:
* Perform comprehensive assessment of patients health needs,
including health status and behaviors, level of function,
psychosocial situation, and available support systems and
determines potential needs.
* Establish care plans in collaboration with the primary care
physician and the patient care team.
* Provide health education.
* Identify patients at risk for proactive intervention.
* Pull and manipulate data to identify risk patients and present
information to the care team.
* Refer patients to a variety of resources including, but not
limited to: nutrition, social work, rehabilitation, behavioral
specialist, diabetes education, Healthy Living Workshop, etc.
* Contact patients who utilize ED or have been hospitalized after
discharge to determine the reason for the ED visit or
hospitalization and work with patient to develop a plan to avoid
* Coordinate care for complex cases or those patients seeing
* Maintain up-to-date and accurate documentation of patient
assessment and plan provided to the patient to ensure the effective
integration of information for use by the health care team to
ensure on-going and continued quality of care, in accordance with
evidence-based practice. Analyze patient care trends and actively
seek out and collaborate with the care team to improve overall
quality and efficiency of care.
* Use registry data to identify problems or gaps in services and
* Demonstrate critical thinking for problem solving and
* Participate and lead patient care conferences.
* Manage patient panel with physician office staff to identify
appropriate patients and measure outcomes.
* Collaborate with physicians and office staff.
* Pro-actively advocate for patient care issues to ensure that
overall quality and type of care is sensitive to each specific
* Collaborate with payers and outside agencies to promote a patient
centered delivery concept.
* Participate in committees and activities related to the
development of Medical Home, Accountable Care Organization (ACO),
and other insurance carriers.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN / ASN)
* Current RN license in state of practice
* Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience in an outpatient
setting OR a minimum of two (2) years of experience coaching
individuals with complex and/or chronic conditions
* Bachelors Degree (BS/BA/BSN)
* Prior experience in care coordination in a community setting or
primary care practice
* Program development, operations management, and/or supervisory
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being an RN Care Coordinator on our
team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day
how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis
of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
Keywords: SCL Health, Billings , RN Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!