Associate Manager-Field Services
Company: Telephone & Data Systems
Posted on: September 25, 2022
As Associate Manager- Field Services you will be responsible for
providing functional leadership and direction to non-exempt Field
Service roles, and external contractors (where applicable) in the
assigned areas directly supporting capital projects, inside and
outside plant maintenance, installation and repair of customer
products and services. Strong focus on the teams ability to provide
premier customer service and technical expertise while exhibiting a
high level of professionalism in all internal and external
interactions. The position is responsible for achieving all key
operating metrics to include customer facing metrics, capital
targets, over time management, Quality Assurance program, Inventory
Management, Technician development and operating budget
adherence.This position requires 24/7 availability, and in some
markets leads a team scheduled to work 7 days per week. This
position is responsible for management of front-line escalations
from teams across TDS (Sales, Customer Repair, Network Engineering,
NOC, Service Activation, WFM and other internal teams). This
includes managing customer and community escalations in a
professional manner.Responsibilities also include local vendor
selection and management of drop contractors, network maintenance
vendors and facilities management (i.e., janitorial, snow clearing,
lawn mowing, HVAC, generators, electrical, etc.).TDS
Telecommunications LLC (TDS Metrocom/TDS) is a leading provider of
fiber internet service. With more than 50 years of experience, the
growing communications company is building and deploying new, fiber
optic networks in neighborhoods across the country to deliver up to
2 Gigabit internet speeds to homes and up to 10 Gigabit internet
speeds to business. In addition, TDS provides innovative TV
entertainment and advanced phone services. Visit tdsfiber.com to
learn more.TDS provides communications services for more than 1,000
rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities in the United States.
The company employs more than 3,000 people nationwide and is a
subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS Inc.), a
Fortune 1000 company [NYSE: TDS]. Founded in 1969, Telephone and
Data Systems provides wireless, broadband, video, and voice; and
hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million connections
nationwide through its businesses: UScellular, TDS Telecom, and
OneNeck IT Solutions. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes
lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large
Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com or
tdstelecom.com for more information.
- Direct activities and personnel necessary for the proper
installation and repair of TDS products and Services to ensure
customer expectations are met.
- Provide leadership to direct team and all other teams involved
in Network growth, maintenance and customer service activities that
creates and maintains a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Assist Network Services in the planning and execution of all
capital projects to ensure are completed in a timely and
- Ensure compliance with all TDS policies, processes and
- Maintain good working relationships with all adjacent
- Ensure team maintains proper understanding of TDS goals and is
coached through process improvements as those needs arise.
- Management point of contact for all TDS network equipment and
customer related issues in specific market(s).Required
- Bachelors degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years professional work
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- 3+ years in the telecom industry.
- 2+ years experience in a supervisory role or equivalent
leadership experience.Other Qualifications
- Strong technical background a plus with a focus on delivering
broadband based services with superior customer service.
- Demonstrated focus on employee safety.
- Must be able to coach a team of direct reports and team of
contractors during emergency conditions such as network outages and
- Must be available to work off hours when situations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a positive
attitude is a must.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong leadership ability and
interpersonal skills a must.
- Must possess a sense of urgency and a can-do attitude.
- Customer Focus Management and/or Total Quality Management
training will be considered a plus.
- Must enjoy working with people and team building (i.e.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a sense of urgency
related to each separate issue.
- Must be able to handle stressful network outages, and/or
customer impacting situations in a calm manner.Physical Demands and
Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a
computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The
employee regularly communicates with customers. The employee is
frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee
may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job.BenefitsAs a part of your total compensation, #TDS
provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit
plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and
your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for
full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and
retirement options please click here.At TDS, we embrace Equal
Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all
qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status
protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion
philosophy and culture, click here!Requisition ID: 2022-20414
External Company URL: www.tdsinc.com Telecommute: No
Keywords: Telephone & Data Systems, Billings , Associate Manager-Field Services, Executive , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!