Posted on: January 16, 2022
Maintenance Manager; Sugar Beet Refinery; Billings, MT Position
OverviewThis company has a challenging opportunity for a
Maintenance Manager, due to a promotion, at their Billings MT
facility. This position is responsible for all aspects of
maintenance and mechanical reliability and capacity assurance of a
beet sugar processing facility. This position is responsible for
budget development, budgetary control, staffing selection, removal
and development of personnel. The Successful candidate will possess
a high degree of technical expertise and experience along with
excellent management skills and the ability to provide leadership
for the optimization of the workforce capability, up to 15
employees, and plant performance to achieve corporate goals and
customer requirements. Essential Functions
- Development of facility maintenance planning, scheduling
preventative, predictive and condition based monitoring and work
execution to achieve the highest level of plant productivity and
minimal mechanical downtime.
- Budget development, management and operational control of
departmental activities to provide on budget and on schedule
- Responsible for development and implementation of cost
reduction opportunities within the department and throughout the
facility in general.
- Management of CMMS (SAP Maintenance System) to assure
coordination of all aspects of preventive, corrective and planned
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated
- Responsible for being the facility liaison with property risk
consultants and is responsible for assuring, applicable code
compliance fire system maintenance and inspections are scheduled
and complete with minimal risk of mechanical failures.
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety standards within
- Active involvement in the plant safety and quality effort and
the assurance of all plant safety, housekeeping, regulatory, and
personnel policies within the assigned area.
- Stay current in maintenance reliability technologies and best
practices through trade magazines, seminars and facility
reliability conventions. Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering
preferred. Will consider candidates with equivalent educational and
maintenance managing, scheduling, planning, preventive, predictive,
and condition based monitoring system experience.
- Certified Professional Maintenance Manager, through the
Association for Facilities Engineering, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years experienced preferred in maintenance
managing, and best practice maintenance strategies and
- Experience and knowledge in Coal and Gas fired boilers with
turbine powered electrical generation, grid and power distribution
systems. As well as the associated regulatory requirements.
- Experienced as a Plant Engineer, Maintenance Manager, or
Maintenance Engineer in a complex, integrated unit process system,
distributed control, 24 -7 operations with high demand for plant
availability and minimal downtime.
- Proficient in the optimization of maintenance systems
including: TQM, CMMS, TLC, MI, PM, PdM and complex maintenance
scheduling, planning and execution for optimum equipment
reliability and on time plant availability.
- Experienced in the management and utilization of predictive
maintenance (predictive maintenance, i.e.; vibration analysis, IR
surveys, Oil analysis, etc.)
- Proficiency in evaluation of machine or component failure
analysis, selection of maintenance materials and development of
ongoing improvement of maintenance systems, practices and
- Proficiency in coaching, training and development of personnel
to insure a successful succession plan.
- Familiar with applicable OSHA and GMP, BRC Certification and/or
SQF Food Safety Standards.
- Excellent computer competence (Outlook, Word, Power Point,
Excel, SAP or other maintenance software)
- Excellent verbal, written and graphical communications
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time
- Strong internal and external customer focus mind-set
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative Salary:
$100K-120K; Strong benefits; 401K match 6%; Relo Assist; EOE; NO
Keywords: Mrinetwork, Billings , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!