Senior Land Acquisition Manager
Company: American Prairie Reserve
Posted on: April 8, 2021
To apply, please submit an email expressing interest and a
resume email@example.com . American Prairie Reserve is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. START DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: Lewistown, Montana
REPORTS TO: VP/Chief Operations & Finance Officer
HOURS: Full time at 40 hours per week
BENEFITS: Paid Vacation, National Holidays & Sick Days; Paid
Volunteer Hours; 401K with up to 3% employer match; Medical
Insurance with optional Flexible Savings or Health Savings Account
& Dependent Care Account; Short-term Disability Insurance;
Voluntary Vision, Dental, Life, Critical Illness, & Accident
Insurance; Reserve Lodging Perks; Corporate Discounts; Flexible
Scheduling This job description is not designed to cover or contain
a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the employee. All employees are required to be
responsible for and assist with additional tasks and
responsibilities as needed. JOB PURPOSE:--The primary purpose of
this position is to oversee and direct all aspects of land
acquisition toward fulfillment of the mission in alignment with
organizational goals. Oversight and direction are accomplished
through personal initiative, internal team collaboration and
partnership with our highly experienced, tenured team of brokerage
and legal contractors. On a day-to-day basis, this role focuses on
identification and cultivation of acquisition opportunities and
stewardship of relationships with landowners, area neighbors, and
agencies or other entities instrumental to land purchases and
management. The land team, led by this position, is responsible for
strategic planning, identifying and analyzing acquisition
opportunities, structuring purchase offers, negotiating, and
closing acquisitions. This role is responsible for certain aspects
of land management including water rights, private and government
leases, and land monetization initiatives. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES: 80%
- Oversee and work in collaboration with brokers, legal counsel,
and other specialized contractors on the research, analysis, and
negotiation of land opportunities.
- Ensure the development and accomplishment of strategic
short-term and long-term land goals aligned with overall
- Research and identify specific opportunities to maintain a
pipeline of potential purchases that meet strategic goals.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with neighbors and
area landowners to cultivate and steward land opportunities.
- Build and maintain productive relationships and act as a
liaison with government agencies or other representatives
pertaining to land acquisition and management.
- Inform the executive team, staff, and Board of Directors about
strategies, status, and progress of land efforts on a regular
- Support fundraising efforts, working closely with philanthropy
team and Board of Directors to act as a project expert in the
engagement of donors and in gift requests.
- Communicate with staff stakeholders in risk management, finance
and reserve management as appropriate.
- Manage all aspects of the acquisition process including project
feasibility recommendations, analysis, and risk mitigation
measures; due diligence for potential acquisitions; preparation and
review of legal documents including letters of intent, purchase and
sales contracts, easements and governmental agreements.
- Facilitate the review of real estate documents (such as surveys
and title) to determine liabilities associated with potential
acquisitions and oversee resolution of survey, title, or other
acquisition related issues prior to closing.
- Maintain complete and accurate land acquisition and property
-- 20% Land Management
- Manage State of Montana, BLM, and private leases.
- Oversee and administer property water rights.
- Oversee land monetization opportunities and programs to the
degree reasonable while prioritizing acquisition.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of American
Prairie's mission, values, goals, and culture.
- Sound judgment with a high level of integrity to execute
decisions with significant mission impact, and the ability and
experience to balance the company's strategic goals with its risk
tolerance in a changing acquisition landscape.
- Five plus--years of related professional experience such as
real estate, resource/land management, finance or other relevant
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to proactively
work toward solutions or new approaches and productively navigate
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong desire to engage
with others demonstrating authenticity, diplomacy, professionalism
- Ability to build and manage productive working relationships
with individuals and groups with diverse or divergent interests and
- Excellent written and verbal communication including strong
presentation skills and the ability to skillfully articulate
strategy and recommendations and to communicate American Prairie's
unique vision to the public.
- Proactive self-starter who demonstrates a high degree of
initiative, and resilience.
- GIS systems awareness and comprehension.
- Proficient with current technology devices and software
including cloud-based software for organizing, storing, and
creating documents and spreadsheets or working in databases.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends or other non-traditional
work hours as needed.
- Ability to travel frequently, generally driving within
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- BA/BS degree in management, finance, real estate, resource/land
management or other relevant area.
- Local real estate knowledge.
- Non-profit or mission driven professional experience.
- Knowledge of natural resource management and best practices.
American Prairie Reserve
P.O. Box 908
Bozeman, MT 59771 STREET ADDRESS:--
American Prairie Reserve
7 East Beall Street, Suite 100
Bozeman, MT 59715
Keywords: American Prairie Reserve, Billings , Senior Land Acquisition Manager, Executive , Lewistown, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!