Company: Head Start, Inc
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Looking for a clean start? Come on over to Head Start, Inc.!
We're looking for a career minded, team player who is excited to
help clear the trail for learning - and ready to sweep away the
competition. At Head Start, Inc. we see every day as a chance to
create a positive impact for the children and families in our
program. We lead through our values of children first, respect,
positivity, empathy, and competence - and acknowledge that
employees are our greatest resource. We strive to ensure that our
company is a good place to work and that you will be treated with
dignity and fairness.We want you for your sparkling personality and
skills! Why do you want to work for us?
- Summers off
- 17 paid holidays (including Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring
- Gifted PTO - starting at 10+ days and increasing after 3 years
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- Employer matched 401K
- Professional development opportunitiesJOB SUMMARY: This
position provides general maintenance and custodial duties for all
Head Start, Inc. locations. This position participates in service
strategies that contribute to the welfare of Head Start, Inc. and
the families served while being mindful of the responsibility to
maintain confidentiality, be supportive, and provide a child
friendly atmosphere. This position serves with integrity and
fidelity to ensure Head Start, Inc. values are incorporated into
daily operations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule that ensures all daily,
weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks are completed in a timely and
- Perform general cleaning and janitorial duties in the common
areas of the building.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light
fixtures or unclogging pipes.
- Maintain clean and sanitized restrooms.
- Performs limited ground maintenance such as playground and
outdoor safety inspections, outdoor garbage collection, landscaping
and softfall maintenance, and clearing snow and ice from
- Maintain an ample and accurate inventory of supplies and keep
all cleaning supplies in locked storage areas.
- Maintain neat and orderly work and storage spaces.
- Take all agency garbage out to dumpster.
- Inform supervisor of any heavy-duty maintenance or repair
- Complete requisitions for any supplies or equipment needed,
obtain supervisor's approval, submit purchase orders to accounting,
and put away all supply orders as they arrive.
- Inspect rooms following meetings to assure they are ready for
future use, cleaning as needed.
- Respond immediately to safety issues (slipping hazards,
disposing of hazardous material, etc.)
- Collaborate with contract cleaning, maintenance, or other
services as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned. ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning
and sanitizing solutions.
- Able to understand Head Start Performance Standards in relation
to regulations in cleaning and sanitizing supplies, etc.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment
used in routine maintenance.
- Ability to keep facilities clean and orderly.
- Ability to interact with staff, students, parents, and visitors
at school while remaining professional, polite, and courteous.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or
equivalent required. Must have a valid driver's license. Experience
in janitorial, maintenance, and/or related work is
preferred.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk,
listen, stand, walk, and sit. The employee is also often required
to use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls, reach with
hands and arms, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and
move quickly to respond to children's health and safety needs, as
well as facility maintenance demands. The employee must often lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required for
the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORKING
CONDITIONS: The working environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this position, the employee works in busy classrooms or a shared
office environment, travels by vehicle, may be exposed to changing
weather conditions, and works in varied environments. The noise
level is usually moderate. COMMENTS:This description is intended to
describe the essential job functions and requirements for its
performance. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and requirements of this position. Other
functions and duties may be assigned as determined to be necessary
for overall job accomplishment.
Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm
40 hours per week
Keywords: Head Start, Inc, Billings , Custodial Technician, Engineering , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...