Environmental Engineer, RPT
Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture. Summary CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Oil
Refinery facility in Laurel, Montana. We are looking for an
Environmental Engineer to maintain environmental programs,
policies, procedures, and documents. You must be a detail-oriented,
results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy
and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet
deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
with the ability to work in both a team environment and on
self-directed tasks are essential. Responsibilities
- Coordinate air compliance programs, including daily compliance
monitoring, CEMS, GHG, TRI, TSCA, SIP, and Emission Inventory.
- Coordinate compliance testing. Lead and/or participate in
- Responsible for preparing environmental regulatory reports and
submission in a timely manner.
- Assure work follows all applicable environmental
- Compile data, make detailed calculations and perform QA/QC once
report(s) is/are prepared to meet government requirements.
- Prepare graphs, charts, and statistical models from collected
data. Maintaining supporting documentation.
- Monitor refining processes to advise workers of changes needed
to maintain environmental compliance.
- Coordinate and/or support projects involving environmental
- Support refinery operations with environmental guidance on day
to day basis.
- Stay current with applicable environmental regulations.
- Manage the budget for work area.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or related
engineering field from an ABET accredited four-year college or
- 2+ years of environmental engineering experience in a refinery,
plant or related field/environment Additional Qualifications
- Oil and Gas Industry experience
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Physical
- Will be required to perform some outside field work
(approximately 5% of the work week) in all weather conditions
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including
respirators as necessary
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and
industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the
position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment
screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor
vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse CHS
offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include
Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day
Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension,
Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.CHS is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: CHS Inc, Billings , Environmental Engineer, RPT, Engineering , Laurel, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!