Senior Project Engineer
Company: CHS Inc
Location: Park City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Oil Refinery facility in
Laurel, Montana. We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to
design and implement capital projects and maintenance expense
projects to improve refinery reliability and profitability. You
must be a results-driven individual with a commitment to quality,
accuracy, safety and the ability to organize and prioritize
workloads to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both
verbal and written, with the ability to work in both a team
environment and on self-directed tasks are
Plan, develop, coordinate, and manage capital projects in the
refinery from estimate stage, through design, construction,
installation and start-up.
- Prepare the contracting strategy for field construction of
assigned capital projects.
- Coordinate development of the design drawings and perform the
required HAZOP and MOC documentation based on the approved project
scope and budget.
- Take lead role on assigned in-house projects, coordinating
personnel from various groups.
- Take lead role on assigned projects involving contract
- Work and support refinery turnaround outages as they are
planned and executed. Ensure all deliverables are developed per the
Turnaround Manager's timeline for engineering submittals.
- Direct and oversee work of contractors through qualification,
preparing bid packages, quality assurance and control of
construction, acceptance and testing, and invoice processing.
- Review and apply engineering standards, codes and
specifications for all types of design, procurement and
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar discipline from a
four-year college or university
- 4+ years of experience in project engineering or related
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of project engineering experience
- Oil and Gas Industry experience
- Proficient with applications to aid in engineering design, MS
Word, Excel, Access, OutlookPhysical Requirements
Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment,
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and
industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the
position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment
screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor
vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA ClearinghouseCHS
offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include
Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day
Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension,
Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.CHS is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: CHS Inc, Billings , Senior Project Engineer, Engineering , Park City, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!