Manager, Distribution - Worland, Wyoming
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Join Our Team!
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and
sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence,
environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and
Manages the day-to-day operations of an electric utility in a
geographic territory, region, location or functional unit that has
a significant impact on corporate, business unit or organizational
objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives,
strategies, and plans. Manages and allocates financial and employee
resources. Implements and supports company programs and policies.
Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department
budget. Develop innovative leadership techniques that will improve
the safety of each employee group and the quality of work each
employee group performs in an effort to improve efficiencies.
- Participate in activities related to the planning, design,
building, maintenance, switching and control of the electrical
distribution and transmission systems.
- Analyze market and competition and understands organization's
strengths and weaknesses to identify external threats and
- Adapt strategy to changing conditions by overcoming resistance
and supporting those affected by change.
- Implement strategic business objectives, strategies and plans
in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Manage and allocates financial and employee resources.
- Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to
- Promote safety in the workplace through demonstrated
- Respond to after-hour emergencies relating to the electrical
system with both Distribution & Transmission
- Manage schedules and complete the annual substation maintenance
plan and/or capital work.
- Perform inspections and field audits of the substation
maintenance and/or capital work performed.
- Ensure that a zero accident workplace message is delivered in a
convincing manner on a regular basis.
- Interview hire, train, coach, and develop employees.
- Implement and deliver more efficient ways to perform the job.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education
and experience in the electric utility or related industry.
- Completion of the Assistant Manager training program, or
equivalent amount of directly related electrical or utility
- Previous supervisory experience or completion of the Assistant
Manager training program.
- Demonstrated management, administrative, supervisory and
- Must be flexible and available in responding to after-hour
emergencies under short notice on any given day, at any given time.
This includes responding to emergencies outside of normal work
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence employees.
- Proficiency with computer applications including word
processing, spreadsheets and mainframe applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must live within assigned work area as agreed upon by the
hiring director in order to support daily and after hours
- Ability to conduct business and work with employees while
understanding that information acquired in this position is
confidential and must be treated as such in all communications both
internal and external.
- Travel may be required.
- Valid driver's license is required. Preferences
- A minimum of five years experience in distribution operations,
maintenance and construction.
- Thorough knowledge of labor agreements, accident prevention
manuals, code requirements, personnel procedures, budgeting and
general company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of electrical system construction, operation, and
maintenance practices. Additional Information
Req ID: 109070
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: Worland, Wyoming
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $110,300 - $129,00
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance
incentive bonus of up to 15% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion.
PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required
by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or
military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any
other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check and drug screening.
Nearest Major Market: Wyoming
Keywords: Pacifi, Billings , Manager, Distribution - Worland, Wyoming, Accounting, Auditing , Worland, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!