Company: Town Pump
Posted on: March 24, 2020
STORE BOOKKEEPERDate:Mar 17, 2020Location:Billings, MT, US,
59101Apply now Store BookkeeperJob Description SummarySummary: This
position is accountable for the following: Customer service during
shift. Accounting decisions that are consistent with Town Pump
standards, policies, and procedures. Assists in planning,
leadership, organizing, and follow-ups in the following areas:
office procedures, vendor invoicing, computer data entries, and
shortage controls. Also responsible for setting the proper example
for co-workers in terms of professionalism, attitude, and teamwork
in the areas of customer service and store operations.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Dual responsibilities in some
- Customer service to include handling and screening of telephone
- Effectively prioritize, organize, and follow-up on office tasks
to be accomplished.
- Security of all store assets. Control of store cash fund, fuel
and inventories, auditing of shift reports.
- Complete transactions for accounts receivables, i.e. counting
money, completing deposit slips, banking, closeout, etc.
- Accurate and effective completion of all store paper work:
store daily report, store daily purchases, mark-ups/mark-downs, and
- Receive merchandize using proper vendor and inventory
- Order office supplies to maintain an effective stock
- Process store invoices to include auditing cost and retail
- Make computer entries and record sales and purchases in the
stores running book. Balance store records to office reports.
- Post shift statistics to shift analysis.
- Verify time cards for payroll.
- Enter purchases into computer.NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Police the store.
- Clear gas consoles, turns on pumps.
- Dust and stock shelves
- Clean restroom
- Total bill and make transactions with customers.
- Empty island garbage, fill water/cleaning solution buckets on
- Stock cooler
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.Basic Statement of
FunctionsQualification Requirements: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Job
Specifications(Qualifications)EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High
school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Additional experience
should be in the area of accounting and bookkeeping. On the job
training for this position is 40 hours.LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to
read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Require ability to
read, write, understand, and speak English.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. COMPUTER SKILLS: Experience in the
following: MS Word, Excel; corporate specific software
PDI.REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding
to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
instructions.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current Montana Drivers LicenseOTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate a ten key calculator with accuracy and
- Ability to wear proper uniform and maintain personal hygiene to
meet all health standards.
- Ability to maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and
teamwork in areas of customer service and convenience store
- Ability to provide planning, leadership, organization, and
insure follow-ups in all areas of store control.
- Ability to be a team player while on shift.
- Ability to maintain books in accordance with Town Pump, Inc.
standards, policies, and procedures. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.ENVIRONMENTAL
DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to work in an open office environment with frequent
- Ability to work in an open environment with frequent
interruptions and customer interaction.Nearest Major
Market:BillingsNearest Secondary Market:MontanaJob Segment:Retail
Keywords: Town Pump, Billings , STORE BOOKKEEPER, Accounting, Auditing , Billings, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!